Trojan detected while downloading program

Hello!

As the title suggests I was downloading a program, Unity game engine from their Unity Hub program. Which I had done a scan on before installing and everything was fine. I started the download of the game engine using Unity's hub program, and left for work. When I came home hours later Kaspersky had a pop up in the bottom right corner of my screen saying it detected a Trojan. To restart the computer. The download did not complete and the computer was disconnected from the internet when I got home. I restarted the computer and followed trough the prompts Kaspersky took me down. Once I restarted the computer I did a full scan. I turned the PC off did another full scan. I also checked with Malwarebytes and nothing came up with any threats. So I am wondering did Kaspersky stop the Trojan from getting downloaded onto my computer? Or could this have been a false positive as I downloaded it right from the developers website then used their program to download the engine.

I am using version 21.17.7.539

Kaspersky Premium (I believe total security)

Windows 10

I’ve checked quarantine and the report logs from what I can see there is nothing about Unity other than it trusting Unity Hub. There is nothing about a Trojan either. I am unable to find anything in the program. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wandering33 said:
  1. I'm not seeing Web Anit- Virus on there.

Hello @Wandering33

Thank you for the information!

1. In 21.16.* onwards - Web Anti-Virus has been renamed to Safe Browsing. 

2. 3 & 4 - Also, the screen-prints: in the horizontal column (you) can rightclick & filter out columns to hide things like User & or blank columns, then - in the top-right-corner to expand the Report window - select the maximise icon, go back to the actual report & select the relevant event so the event detail shows in the lower-half of the expanded window - then screen-print - as in the example below: 

image.thumb.png.e699c8729f263f78f293c587ac790c35.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar & numbering
  • Like 1

Thank you. I tried that I don't have a lot in the safe browsing. I also have nothing in quarantine as well. I'm not able to find anything about it stopping the download at all.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 215634.jpg

Screenshot 2024-06-05 215611.jpg

Screenshot 2024-06-05 215508.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Wandering33 said:

I tried that I don't have a lot in the safe browsing. I also have nothing in quarantine as well. I'm not able to find anything about it stopping the download at all.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 215508.jpg

Hello @Wandering33

Thank you for the information!

In File Anti-virus, in the Detail section, scroll down, to show the lower-section of the event, does it give a reason for the 'Not processed' event - see image below as an example:

image.thumb.png.f05588e8b6e7f29d7f17cce2f7566456.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added image
  • Like 1