Thinkorswim blocked by AV

Bruinsfan

Since the last update, thinkorswim has not loaded.  It times out, asking for a proxy.  When I disable AV, it starts up fine.  I have tried excluding the program AND folders it runs from, as well as making the .exe a trusted application.  All fails to correct the issue.  What else can be done?

8 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Since the last update, thinkorswim has not loaded.  It times out, asking for a proxy

When I disable AV, it starts up fine

I have tried excluding the program AND folders it runs from, as well as making the .exe a trusted application. 

All fails to correct the issue. 

What else can be done?

Hello @Bruinsfan

Welcome!

?Please use this guide: Read before you create a new topic! by Danila T. to share with us: 

• OS version & build?
  • Kaspersky Anti-Virus version & patch
  • Check Kaspersky Reports - what errors / events show for thinkorswim
  • As a *TEST ONLY* - in Network settings - IF Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages is UNCHECKED - does the issue persist? 
  • Has the exe been added to Network settings, Trusted applications?
  • How is Network settingsEncrypted connections scan - configured? 
  • IF the AV version is 21.3* - please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin:
  1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?
  9. IF the issue persists, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...