STARTUP NOT PROMPTING FOR PASSWORD

I have my settings toggled on to ask me on startup for my password but for the last 2 days KPM has stopped popping up asking me for my password and is automatically active which is not what I want as if my PC is stolen the thief has all my passwords!!

59 minutes ago, KDcyp99 said:

I have my settings toggled on to ask me on startup for my password but for the last 2 days KPM has stopped popping up asking me for my password and is automatically active which is not what I want as if my PC is stolen the thief has all my passwords!!

Hello @KDcyp99

Welcome back!

Prompt for main password when launching Kaspersky Password Manager automatically:

This checkbox enables/disables prompting for the main password each time Kaspersky Password Manager starts automatically.

If the checkbox is selected, Kaspersky Password Manager prompts you to unlock the vault each time the application starts automatically. If the checkbox is cleared, Kaspersky Password Manager does not prompt you to unlock the vault each time the application starts automatically.

This checkbox is only available if the Start Kaspersky Password Manager at operating system startup checkbox is selected.

1. IF the PC is powered OFF, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart and then powered ON by pressing the power-button & after (you) login, does KPM still not request the MASTER password? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

image.thumb.png.48d90cd0ebb5b8f4f4dff751977fab5b.png

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
modified question || added resource: Prompt for main password when launching Kaspersky Password Manager automatically || added image

Thanks for your reply. All fully understood. I always shutdown (using Macrium Reflect backup which has a shutdown instruction and I always receive an email). For example today I shutdown and had to press my power on button to startup and on entering Windows password the KPM password window didn't pop up but on right clicking the taskbar I can see KPM is green and not grey and it opens without requiring the password.

All was working well asking me on startup for the main password, until approximately 2 days ago when presumably there was an update to the KPM app.

My version is 24.0.0.428 (a) / 1712576387_7582 / 1.1.0.2_1

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, KDcyp99 said:

Thanks for your reply.

All fully understood.

I always shutdown (using Macrium Reflect backup which has a shutdown instruction and I always receive an email). For example today I shutdown and had to press my power on button to startup and on entering Windows password the KPM password window didn't pop up but on right clicking the taskbar I can see KPM is green and not grey and it opens without requiring the password.

Version is 24.0.0.428 (a) / 1712576387_7582 / 1.1.0.2_1. All was working well asking me on startup for the main password, until approximately 2 days ago when presumably there was an update to the KPM app.

Hello @KDcyp99

You're most welcome!

We see v24.0.0.428 (a), indicating a patch for KPM, sadly Kaspersky stopped publishing Patch release information, refer: Release history; apparently there are plans to start publication of Patch release information again, however we have no idea when this will begin. 

1. Create a System restore point
  2. Create a KPM backup -> Create Copy
  3. Uninstall KPM
  4. Shutdown, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart and not Macrium, power computer ON by pressing the power-button, login. 
  5. Download a new KPM installer: https://www.kaspersky.com/password-manager#installation.
  6. Install KPM
  7. Shutdown, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart and not Macrium, power computer ON by pressing the power-button, login. 
  8. Recheck that KPM is not opening unless the MASTER password is entered? 
  9. IF KPM opens *automatically*, without (you) manually entering the MASTER password & OR Windows Hello, Face ID or any other authentication method, log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown in the image below; please include a video of the error & a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you: image.thumb.png.f71e0f573f5ac89bb80b48e9bdcb55a5.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

1 minute ago, KDcyp99 said:
  1. I will try this later when I have such time to carry all of that out.
  2. As it happens, this morning it prompted me for the password.

Hello @KDcyp99

You're most welcome!

1. Take your time, there's no rush & no pressure from the Community side. 
  2. That's good news - well done, maybe it will continue? IF not just proceed with the directions please. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋