Safekids on laptop can be disabled easily

Ray2004

Hi all,

I have safekids installed on my kid’s laptop. It’s on Win 10 and what i have found, my kid can pause it just by open and close the laptop screen once or sometimes he has to do it several times. This is a really annoying bug. Now i have to tell him to use the desktop. 

Hello @Ray2004,

Welcome! 

1. Is your child actually disabling KSK or is it that KSK is not monitoring & reporting correctly? 
  2. In Task manager, what is the status of KSK when the problem happens? 
  3. Which KSK version & patch(x) is installed → on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  4. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Additional Resource:

(Please) Read before you create a new topic, tutorial by @Danila T. 

1. KSK is paused, its not counting down time;  i can see paused icon.
  2. will check that next time
  3. version 1.0.5.7353(h)
  4. Premium
  5. There is windows sleep mode option.

Hello @Ray2004

Thank you for posting back!

We’ve copied relevant information (you added) in @Chuc.Cao’s topic, to this topic; please keep posting about “Safekids on laptop can be disabled easily”, in this topic only. 

1. What OS version & build is the laptop, in Windows Search🔎 field, type   winver   → press enter, a popup will show the required information?
  2. Paused, not counting down time” is different to disabled, when the issue happens, check Taskmanager, take a full-screen screenprint of the processes & post back please? 
  3. When KSK is paused & you see a “paused” icon, take a full-screen screenprint of the paused icon & post back please? 
  4. There’s a known issue with Windows Sleepmode, supposed to be fixed on or after 25/03/2021; stop using Sleepmode & recheck: is KSK counting time accurate? 
  5. How often is the laptop shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

1. KSK is paused, its not counting down time;  i can see paused icon.
  2. will check that next time
  3. version 1.0.5.7353(h)
  4. Premium
  5. There is windows sleep mode option.

Hello @Ray2004

Thank you for posting back!

We’ve copied relevant information (you added) in @Chuc.Cao’s topic, to this topic; please keep posting about “Safekids on laptop can be disabled easily”, in this topic only. 

1. What OS version & build is the laptop, in Windows Search🔎 field, type   winver   → press enter, a popup will show the required information?
  2. Paused, not counting down time” is different to disabled, when the issue happens, check Taskmanager, take a full-screen screenprint of the processes & post back please? 
  3. When KSK is paused & you see a “paused” icon, take a full-screen screenprint of the paused icon & post back please? 
  4. There’s a known issue with Windows Sleepmode, supposed to be fixed on or after 25/03/2021; stop using Sleepmode & recheck: is KSK counting time accurate? 
  5. How often is the laptop shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi Flood,

1. Win10 20H2 Build 19042.867
  2. KSK counting time correctly when its not paused
  3. I think he only locks it after using it

Cheers

Ray

Hello @Ray2004

Thank you for the information & images👌

1. The “known” issue is not related. 
  2. The “known” issue has been fixed.
  3. The “known” issue, we already commented on in a earlier reply. 
  4. There’s a lot more going on with your child’s device.
  5. We're surprised anything runs at all, with the CPU & memory usage you're reporting. 
  6. Log a case Kaspersky Technical Support,  follow the template image below; they will request Logs, Traces & other data; they will guide you:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in the MyKaspersky account.

🔹 Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋