Safe Kids stopped working for me too!

Filon
Go to solution Solved by Filon,

I can confirm the same issue on one of my Windows 10 computers. It's interesting, this issue only affects one of them, the other don't have this issue. Sometimes it happens if the computer wake up from sleep mode. Sometimes a reboot fix this issue. The software on the other computer and both tablets works fine. In other cases after a reboot the software also stops working. I've found no errors in the windows events related to that issue. I've reinstalled the software a couple of times, that not helped.

I can confirm the same issue on one of my Windows 10 computers. It's interesting, this issue only affects one of them, the other don't have this issue. Sometimes it happens if the computer wake up from sleep mode. Sometimes a reboot fix this issue. The software on the other computer and both tablets works fine. In other cases after a reboot the software also stops working. I've found no errors in the windows events related to that issue. I've reinstalled the software a couple of times, that not helped.

They already know what the problem is. It was introduced by a patch in early February. 
In my case it seems to be tied to sleep mode (laptop). However even after a reboot it still is not fully working. I tried to uninstall it and reinstalled it as well. 

I am sure there are many other customers that will just switch when they can and not post here. But because most of us bought the full security suite it may not be obvious as folks will continue to use the antivirus until their sub expires.

• Solution

After almost a month, the problem seems to be resolved by the latest H update. However, a new bug appeared. When the kid requests for more time, whatever I choose as extra time, (either 5 or 60 minutes) the system always adds 30 minutes by default. I will start a new thread with this.

Uninstalling and reinstalling, disassociating and associating my son account didn’t fix the issue.  I still can block or allow application, but time restriction is no longer work.  When I go to my son’s computer and pull up Safe Kid, it shows no time restriction for today and for entire week.  Any solution?

Version 1.0.5 patch H.  Have run into problem with school website wouldn’t load properly and now with the time limit issue.  I’ve decided to uninstall it for good and use Qustodio instead.  Thanks.

same problem here. App on PC stopped blocking at cut off time. Uninstall/reinstall did not help.

App shows “No time limits today” while the schedule for today shows the correct schedule.

FIX IT please!!!

Hello @TLD76

Welcome! 

There are two parts to Patch H:

• (1) Patch H released 11/03/2021.
  • (2) Distributive for Patch H, eta release date 25/03/2021, date may change.
  • Patch H combined (1) & (2) fix only applies if Windows Sleep mode is used. 
  1. Which version & patch(x) is installed on your child’s device → on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 3 weeks later...

Is this issue resolved ? what is Kaspersky doing about it ?

Hello @rk2 

Welcome! 

The issue was fixed with Patch H. 

1. Which version & patch(x) is installed on your child’s device → on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About
  2. Provide specific details of any issues affecting your  child’s device? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋