Requirements and compatibility pages haven't been updated for a while by now and;

Psiu47

I still remain operating under Windows 7 because I'm uncapable to build an ideal PC for latest Windows OS. Anyhow my KIS 21.3.10.391(j) still have been receiving updates and what I would like to know if Kaspersky company will likely continue to protect those cannot use a modern operating system this new year of 2023.

The article found in the support center hasn't been updated since 2021 and the compatibility section only list other protection softwares are able to run with Kaspersky Internet Security.

Edited by Psiu47

• The title was changed to Requirements and compatibility pages haven't been updated for a while by now and;

Hello @Psiu47,

I think that the 21.3.x.x will be supported with updates for quite some time. How long, only Kaspersky knows.
But it would not be a problem if you have to upgrade to 21.8.x.x. It runs without problems also on Win7 (with a KIS key). See screenshot, made two minutes ago:

Spoiler

image.png.ba57a6ac8f51eb08a3a14094a26f78e4.png

Of course, Kaspersky cannot make Win7 an up-to-date system supported by MS. But the combination is far better than no protection.

18 minutes ago, Psiu47 said:

The articles found in the support center hasn't been updated since 2021 and the (1) compatibility section only list other protection software is able to run with Kaspersky Internet Security.

Hello @Psiu47

Additional to Moderator @Schulte?; there won't be any updates to: Kaspersky Online Help, KIS, What's new?, because development & enhancement of v21.3 is no longer taking place.

KIS, Hardware and software requirements, unlikely to see changes to this documentation, it may happen, but really unlikely & the change would be populated across all 21.8 & 21.3. 

1. Re "compatibility section", which document are you referring to, provide a URL please? 

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I'm confused with the information you brought to me. If KIS 21.3 is no longer being developed why do I keep receiving every day couple kbs downloaded? 

So what I do if I continue to extend Kaspersky Internet Security  offerted in the subscription page for another year? Which service shall I search then? I got two PC, one with windows 7 professional and the other windows 8 basic? 

Which Kaspersky suite are capable to run?

@Flood and Flood's wifeThis is the link adressed to other protection programs are compatible but does not explain too much when I doing my research in the support domain.

Edited by Psiu47

3 hours ago, Psiu47 said:
  • Sorry I'm confused with the information you brought to me. If KIS 21.3 is no longer being developed, why do I keep receiving everyday couple kbs downloaded? 
  • So what I do if I continue to extend Kaspersky Internet Security offered in the subscription page for another year?
  • Which service shall I search then? I got two PC, one with windows 7 professional and the other windows 8 basic? 
  • Which Kaspersky suite are capable to run?
  1. List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security is the link addressed to other protection programs are incompatible but does not explain too much when I am doing my research in the support domain.

Hello @Psiu47

You're most welcome!
Thank you for posting back & the extra questions. 

• As Moderator Schulte said, "21.3.x.x will be supported with updates for quite some time. How long, only Kaspersky knows."
  • That means: KIS will continue to be supported with database updates *but* development & enhancement work on the KIS 21.3 application software has stopped. 
  • The old software range = 21.3.x.x will eventually be decommissioned & fully replaced by 21.8. 
  • Accordingly, we added that it would be unlikely to see any development / enhancement work done on 21.3 documentation. 
  • Both your machines are compatible with the new software 21.8, read:  Kaspersky Basic | Standard | Plus | Premium - Hardware and software requirements *IF* you decide to upgrade when it becomes available in (your) region - it's not mandatory to do so.
  • Please read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - by Danila T.  & Kaspersky: we’re starting a new digital life
  • For 21.8 - there are some significant differences, we recommend taking the Trial 30-day subscription.
  1. Re List of applications incompatible with KIS, was updated: October 05, 2022 ID; referring to your early post - "(1) compatibility section only list other protection software is able to run with KIS." - No, this document is a guide to show which software *cannot be run with KIS

If you use KIS alongside incompatible applications, the applications may not work properly and and operating system errors may occur. Kaspersky recommends removing these applications before the installation of KIS .

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

• 2 weeks later...