Renewal of Licensce - Should I download and run installer or just enter Activation Code ? [Solved] [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by bobbycooper,

The license for my KIS 2018 had expired and so I went online and bought a license for 3 devices for 1 year. Now should I download the setup and run it and make a new installation or should I just enter the new activation code into the already installed KIS 2018 running with limited functionality.

Hello Harish Kumar, Welcome! 1st export current KIS Settings https://help.kaspersky.com/KIS/2019/en-US/68151.htm Saving data for future use License information is a set of data that rules out the need to activate the application during future installation, by allowing you to use it under the current license unless the license expires before you start the installation. https://help.kaspersky.com/KIS/2019/en-US/71677.htm How to upgrade a previous version of the application If an earlier version of Kaspersky Internet Security is already installed on your computer, you can upgrade it to the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security. To upgrade the application, start installing a new version of the application. If you have a current license for an earlier version of Kaspersky Internet Security, you do not need to activate the application: the Setup Wizard will automatically retrieve information about the license for the previous version of Kaspersky Internet Security and apply it during installation of the new version of Kaspersky Internet Security. The application can be upgraded from a previous version automatically in the background if the Download and install new versions automaticallyoption is selected in the Update settings window. While downloading the update, the application compares the previous and new versions of the End User License Agreement, Kaspersky Security Network Statement, and Statement regarding data processing for marketing purposes. If the agreements and/or statements differ, the application offers you to read and accept them again. Certain limitations apply to the upgrade from the previous version. Thanks!

Thank you FLOOD, for the prompt and detailed clarification. Let me tell you what I happened in my case. This is what I did. Almost five days after the expiry of license for KIS 2018, I clicked the renew button in the dashboard of KIS 2018, I was sent to a webpage where I selected KIS once again, and I was emailed an activation code. When I clicked on the activation code, it downloaded a startup.exe However, instead of clicking on the startup.exe and running it, I simply entered the Activation Code into the dashboard of the older installed version of KIS which was running with limited functionality. It accepted the Activation Code and the installed version is now running with full functionality. My question is, is this fine, or should I un-install the KIS and run the downloaded startup.exe, install a newer version and once again enter the Activation Code emailed to me?

• Solution
My question is, is this fine, or should I un-install the KIS and run the downloaded startup.exe, install a newer version and once again enter the Activation Code emailed to me?
Hello Harish, simply uninstall kis 2018, leaving as an option only the "license information", restart , and then launch startup.exe, which will install the 2019 version so there is no need to put the code back. https://support.kaspersky.com/common/uninstall/12783#block2