renamed computer counted as new device on my subscription

My laptop is running Windows 10.  I have a 5 device Kaspersky Premium subscription.   I have installed Kaspersky on 3 devices, one of these is my laptop.

Yesterday, I changed the name of my laptop (i.e. Settings > System > About > Rename).   I just checked my Kaspersky online account and see the name change has been counted as a new device.  Instead of reporting only 3 devices on my subscription, my Kaspersky online account reports I have installed it on 4 devices.  My laptop is reported twice.  

In my Kaspersky online account, I believe I can disable a device by 'disconnecting'  it.   I want to disconnect the device identified using the old computer name.   Before I do this, I want to make certain this will NOT inadvertently disconnect or effect my laptop as identified using the new computer name.  Can anyone confirm that I can remove (i.e. disconnect) the old computers name from my subscription without it effecting my laptop as identified with the new computer name?   I want my online Kaspersky account to correctly recognize that I have only activated it on 3 of 5 devices (and NOT 4 of 5 devices).

Thanks,

Ian

Edited by ib01234567890

9 hours ago, ib01234567890 said:
  • I want my online Kaspersky account to correctly recognize that I have only activated it on 3 of 5 devices (and NOT 4 of 5 devices).
  1. Can anyone confirm that I can remove (i.e., disconnect) the old computers name from my subscription without it effecting my laptop as identified with the new computer name?   

Hello @ib01234567890, Ian, 

Welcome back! 

Theoretically, it should disconnect & delete the device, from (your) MyKaspersky account & leave the newly named device, however, rather than take a risk, make use of (your) gold butler Premium Support Service & ask support: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts

image.thumb.png.d994a3b57cd4b1e2bfdb50ed35a818c5.png

Please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Hello Flood and Flood's wife

I took a gamble and simply deleted the duplicated listing.  So far, no problems. 

My search for support led me to this forum.  Thanks for pointing I qualify for a "gold butler Premium Support Service".  Chuckle, as a prol, I'm not accustomed to such service and went with the tried and true (i.e. self-help forum).   If problems arise because I took the gamble then I will post again.  In other words, assume all is well until I report otherwise.  

Thanks for responding,

Ian

• Thanks 1