Questions about transitioning from KTS 23 to Premium

At the moment, I still have 79 days left on my 2-year Kaspersky Total Security license. When it expires, I plan to purchase and switch to Kaspersky Premium because it will be more cost-effective than renewing my current subscription.

However, there is something I want to know, which didn't seem to be answered in the FAQ:

1. If I (hypothetically) decide to upgrade sooner rather than later, will my remaining Total Security license be carried over to Premium? Or will I have to purchase a new license?
  2. If I purchase Kaspersky Premium from a source other than the official site (typically, I buy licenses on Amazon), will I need to manually activate the license in my Kaspersky account, or is it automatically added?
  3. Can I import my KTS 23 settings into Premium? I don't want to lose the settings I've configured.
Edited by WingRaith

KTS and Kaspersky Premium are different product with what they include. From my recollection, KTS subscription (remaining days) will not be added to your Kaspersky Premium subscription. Would highly recommend you use your existing KTS subscription and when it expires, activate your new Kaspersky Premium subscription from Amazon.

Not sure about importing KTS setting to Premium as they are different product. Play safe.

• Thanks 1

Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ

Comparison of subscription plans

Kaspersky Premium stands for a dedicated Technical Support assistance.

"Premium Support Services by Kaspersky include:

• Priority Support Line

When you contact our Premium Support team for help, your request will be resolved with the highest priority.

• Expert Installation Services

Kaspersky experts will install our app via remote connection and adjust settings according to your needs.

• Remote IT Services

Contact us to get remote expert assistance on any question connected with our products. Sit back and relax while we fix it!

• Expert Virus Check & Removal

Sometimes viruses or other malware may get on your device before you install Kaspersky. Our experts will remove malware on your PC or Mac with a Kaspersky application installed.

• PC Health Check Services

During a Health Check, our experts will perform a multipoint inspection to ensure the highest level of protection and performance of the device."

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WingRaith said:

At the moment, I still have 79 days left on my 2-year Kaspersky Total Security license. When it expires, I plan to purchase and switch to Kaspersky Premium because it will be more cost-effective than renewing my current subscription.

However, there is something I want to know, which didn't seem to be answered in the FAQ:

1. If I (hypothetically) decide to upgrade sooner rather than later, will my remaining Total Security license be carried over to Premium? (1a) Or will I have to purchase a new license?
  2. If I purchase Kaspersky Premium from a source other than the official site (typically, I buy licenses on Amazon), will I need to manually activate the license in my Kaspersky account, or is it automatically added?
  3. Can I import my KTS 23 settings into Premium? I don't want to lose the settings I've configured.

Hello @WingRaith

(1) @Balance is correct, the *new* Premium subscription & the existing KTS subscription will definitely *not* be merged, do not add the Premium activation code until KTS has expired - why? Because, even tho these conditions are specificed, see image at the end of our reply, KSK may activate, you will then need to raise a request to Kaspersky Cusomer Service to get Kaspersky HO to reset it. 

(1a) Doesn't make sense, you're going to putchase a new license anyway? 

(2) IF purchasing from any site *other than Kaspersky* you'll need to add the activation code, either to the application or to (your) MyKaspersky account; subscriptions purchased via Kaspersky websites or via a subscriber's MyKaspersky account, there's no Activation code, the License is sent directly to the subscriber's MyKaspersky account, the License *activates* on the purchase date, not the software install date. 

(3), Both @Berny& @Balance are correct, before removing KTS, Export the KTS config fle, save it & Import it to Premium, the documentation for KTS covers Kaspersky Plus, not Premium, however, the process/intent is the same: Installing over other Kaspersky applications

👉Note: Not all info a user has configured in the app may be saved, for example: websites configured in Safe Money *are not saved*.

Spoiler

1-sub-activation-details.thumb.jpg.695d2442c6ddaaad4aa7c5da40019e79.jpg

Any questions or issues, please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar
  • Like 1