Previously opened malicious link detected - questions

JNs179

Hi

I am using Kaspersky Total Security with Windows 10 and have a couple of questions about a recent notification I received. Some details:

Event: Previously opened malicious link detected.

Application name: Firefox.exe

Component: Web Anti-Virus.

Result description: not processed.

Type: probability of unauthorized software download.

Threat level: High.

Object type: web page.

Reason: Cloud protection.

I have received no other notifications. My questions are:

1. How soon after opening the link would I expect to receive this notification? I am trying to work out when I might have done it.

2. What does "not processed" mean in this context? Normally, as I understand it, this means a file has not been removed, disinfected or deleted but it is not clear to me what this means for a web page. Does it simply mean that there was no attempt to download an unauthorized file and therefore no processing was necessary?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @JNs179 

1. How soon after opening the link would I expect to receive this notification? I am trying to work out when I might have done it.

2. What does "not processed" mean in this context? Normally, as I understand it, this means a file has not been removed, disinfected or deleted but it is not clear to me what this means for a web page. Does it simply mean that there was no attempt to download an unauthorized file and therefore no processing was necessary?

1. Immediately. 
  2. Sometimes the product can show “not processed” when it is not possible to cure the threat. The good news is that the link was blocked, you are safe.