Plus - Out of date databases (why???)

This is the 3rd time that Windows 11 is giving me a warning that Kaspersky Plus is out of date.

When I open Kaspersky Plus I see: Databases are out of date - 1 Warning
I guess the warning is the out of date databases.

But why is this, why do I need to manually update? Normally it works fine ... but as said, this is now the 3rd time.
I previous had Internet Security and found it a way better product than Plus, never had this issue. Only now with Plus.

Pressing the Update button solves the problem .. but why doesn't it do in automagically?
Or better, normally it always does it automagically, but sometimes NOT.

What is wrong?

13 hours ago, Matthijs said:

This is the 3rd time that Windows 11 is giving me a warning that Kaspersky Plus is out of date.

When I open Kaspersky Plus I see: Databases are out of date - 1 Warning
I guess the warning is the out of date databases.

But why is this, why do I need to manually update? Normally it works fine ... but as said, this is now the 3rd time.
I previous had Internet Security and found it a way better product than Plus, never had this issue. Only now with Plus.

Pressing the Update button solves the problem .. but why doesn't it do in automagically?
Or better, normally it always does it automagically, but sometimes NOT.

1. What is wrong?

Hello @Matthijs

Welcome back!

Please follow *relevant* steps in this guide: General recommendations for solving database update issues in Kaspersky applications, if it does not help log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in template as shown in the image below; please include any screen images of the error & a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. image.thumb.png.72daa10d98a5d2788e76e8574124e87c.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Posted (edited)

So I guess I need to wait until it happens again? I will also check the steps as mentioned in the link about databases issues.

PS .. just some remark; I had Gaming mode enabled but was NOT gaming at the moment I got this message about database. I now disabled it. Does this mean that Gaming detection is just not working?

Edited by Matthijs
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Matthijs said:

I had Gaming mode enabled but was NOT gaming at the moment I got this message about database. I now disabled it.

Does this mean that Gaming detection is just not working?

Hello @Matthijs

Thank you for posting back & the additional question!

1. Did the message come at that time on each three occasions? 
  2. Without doing an analysis of the system it's impossible to say & it's impossible to do an analysis as there's a Community guideline (to protect all Community members) that logs/data are not to be submitted to the Community; any such information must go to Kaspersky Customer Service. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

27 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Did the message come at that time on each three occasions?

Good question; the last time I was not gaming at all. Just left my PC for some time and when I got back I noticed the message. So I guess I just have to see if this was the issue (Game Mode) or when it happens again, I need to pay more attention on what I was doing (or not doing).

PS .. it's not a laptop but just some normal PC and I did not enable Battery Saver (as there is no reason for it).

• Thanks 1