Password manager extension (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) not working

Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

Windows 11 Home  
Chrome version 122.0.6261.69
Edge version 122.0.2365.52
FFox version 123.0
Kaspersky Password Manager version 24.0.0.428

Installed the Password Manager extension on each browser. On Chrome and FFox, the extension icon is red and when I click on it I get the popup "Install the application" with a Download and Install button, but I already have the application installed. On Edge, the icon is green but when I click it I get only "Password Generator" and never the option to select the entry for the current website - like I previously had. 

I don't know what drove this extension to break on all three browsers.

Edited by pathompson00
premature submit

• Solution

Hi @pathompson00, please do the following and let us know of the results: 

1. Download kpm_register_plugins_24_0.zip via the link: https://box.kaspersky.com/f/e343898274684110b877/?dl=1

2. Unpack the archive to any folder

3. Right click the file kpm_register_plugins_24_0_v2.bat and select 'Run as administrator'.

4. Restart PC

Will the issue persist?

• Like 3

I followed those steps and now I have a different problem, on all three browsers.

The Kaspersky Password Manager extension icon is grey, and when I click it I am prompted to enter in my main vault password. When I do this, I get a message "Incorrect main password" but my password is definitely being entered in correctly. I validated this by accessing the vault via my desktop shortcut.

I cannot see what userid the extension is trying to use, though.

Ciao Igor anch'io stesso problema con password manager su Windows 11 non mi si apre più e anche sui browser mi dice password errata e l'icona e grigia cosa devo fare per fare funzionare il programma io o Kaspersky internet security ed è compreso su tre dispositivi solo che su Windows 10 e sullo smartphone funziona sul Windows 11 e bloccato non si avvia grazie buona serata 

On 2/28/2024 at 12:14 PM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @pathompson00, please do the following and let us know of the results: 

1. Download kpm_register_plugins_24_0.zip via the link: https://box.kaspersky.com/f/e343898274684110b877/?dl=1

2. Unpack the archive to any folder

3. Right click the file kpm_register_plugins_24_0_v2.bat and select 'Run as administrator'.

4. Restart PC

Will the issue persist?

Now KPM session continually closes whenever I start a browser. And when I enter the main password in the extension it does not show any passwords.

• 4 weeks later...