Object Corrupted: MsiInfo.exe, Obsidium

Hi,

I had run a quick scan about two days ago, and I hadn't noticed that the AV had found two (one?) corrupted objects and a missing file. Just wanted to know what I can do about it and what it means.

The relevant part of the log:

10/14/2024 6:32:35 AM    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.22621.0\x86\MsiInfo.exe\Obsidium    Corrupted    Object corrupted            File    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.22621.0\x86\MsiInfo.exe//    Obsidium    Corrupted                OMNI\[redacted]    Initiator

10/14/2024 6:32:35 AM    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.22621.0\x86\MsiInfo.exe    Corrupted    Object corrupted            File    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.22621.0\x86    MsiInfo.exe    Corrupted                OMNI\[redacted]    Initiator

10/14/2024 6:34:03 AM    C:\Users\[redacted]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)    Not processed    Object not processed        File not found    File    C:\Users\[redacted]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)        Not processed                OMNI\[redacted]    Active user

That looks like a Windows legit file, the reason it appeared as corrupted, it's weird. Try to scan that file again manually and re-check.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

That looks like a Windows legit file, the reason it appeared as corrupted, it's weird. Try to scan that file again manually and re-check.

Scanned it again. On the first scan, it showed the same thing. On the subsequent scans, it shows nothing.

• Like 1