No internet without VPN

GPires

Hi Berny, I think my first post is quite straightforward describing the problem, but sure I can add more detail.

1. Open web explorer and try connect to any server lets say youtube.com, get error " site refused connection check DNS settings"

2. Turn on Kaspersky VPN and try again HTTP connection to youtube and it works straight  away

3. Check all settings on the default network adapter  for DNS and IP gathering, all settings are as it should be as per windows default to obtain DNS and IP automatically

4. Try again with VPN inactive, still no connection same error 

4. Uninstall Kaspersky 

6. Try HTTP internet connection using the default network adapter to any server and it works as it should, no problem with internet

7. Reinstall Kaspersky

8. Get the same problem in item 1.

This seems to only affect HTTP connection, Im able to stream music from the installed TIDAL app without VPN being active

It seems Kaspersky is disabling HTTP connection on the default network , checked Firewall settings and all seems OK as per default in my other machines.

Why is this happening only when Kaspersky is running?

Thanks

@GPires

Thank you for above details, this is a strange issue  🤔 ....

Can you please check if below option is enabled ?
Security → ⚙️Settings → Network settings → "Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components"

Also if you are on your ISP DNS server , did you try to switch to another public DNS server ?

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not solve the problem. I have this issue happening only on my kids computers and both machines have the Qustodio parent app installed, do you reckon it may be some issue between the two apps?  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...