New C drive in PC reinstalled my Kasp Premium but unlimited VPN Data is now restricted in volume

Lespaul59
Go to solution Solved by KarDip,

Lespaul59

Hi

I have installed a new M2 drive in my Desktop PC, replacing the previous smaller capacity one, and had to carry out a new Windows install, meaning I had to reinstall all the programmes etc that I use. I have a live Kasperski Premium account which has over 12 months still to run. 

I have reinstalled my Kasperski Premium programme and all seems to be good except that my VPN data use when using my Desktop is now restricted instead of the unlimited data which is a part of the Premium Package.

I also have 2 Laptops also covered by the subscription. In My Devices on My Kasperski, where the 3 devices are shown, one of the laptops has the crown symbol (denoting the unlimited VPN - see picture) and one doesn't as well as My Desktop not having the crown symbol. This picture shows (left to right, with the reference numbers removed) my laptop, another laptop, and my desktop. All should have the crown symbol denoting unlimited VPN traffic.

KasperskiMyDevices3screenshot2024-10-12.thumb.png.85253b467a60c0a14720935bc046906b.png

How do I reinstate the unlimited VPN please ?

BTW, when I reloaded Kasperski Premium onto my new M2 drive, I wasn't able to reinstate the Desktop PC onto the account at first. I was being asked to input my license details to activate. When I did, I was told that the license already had the maximum three machines allocated to it; one of which was my Desktop! After searching on this forum, I found a similar situation which was rectified by removing the Desktop from the account and then reinstating it. This worked for me too, except for the unlimited VPN data.

Any help please ?

Edited by Lespaul59
spelling and small amendment to text

Flood and Flood's wife
9 hours ago, Lespaul59 said:
  • Kaspersky Premium account which has over 12 months still to run.

I have installed a new M2 drive in my Desktop PC, replacing the previous smaller capacity one, and had to carry out a new Windows install, meaning I had to reinstall all the programmes etc. I've reinstalled Kaspersky Premium programme and all seems to be good except that my VPN data use using Desktop is now restricted instead of the unlimited data which is a part of the Premium Package.

I also have 2 Laptops covered by the subscription.

In My Devices on My Kaspersky, one laptops has the crown symbol (denoting the unlimited VPN and one doesn't as well as My Desktop not having the crown symbol.

BTW, when I reloaded Kaspersky Premium onto my new M2 drive, I wasn't able to reinstate the Desktop PC onto the account at first. I was being asked to input my license details to activate. When I did, I was told that the license already had the maximum three machines allocated to it; one of which was my Desktop! After searching on this forum, I found a similar situation which was rectified by removing the Desktop from the account and then reinstating it. This worked for me too, except for the unlimited VPN data.

How do I reinstate the unlimited VPN please ?

Any help please ?

image.thumb.png.2ce39b3899d06bb47f01e8e6088e8f30.png

Hello @Lespaul59

Welcome back!

1. Before installing a new drive on the Desktop PC, i.e., *before* the *no unlimited VPN on two devices -> despite having a K-Premium with Unlimited VPN subscription & enough available slots* problem *began* did *all* devices have unlimited VPN *active*? 
  2. On PC & LT2, have (you) signed into the *actual* VPN application, using the *same* email address that is used for (your) MyKaspersky account where the  K-Premium with Unlimited VPN subscription is stored?
  3. On the VPN Profile page on LT2 & PC - does it look similar to the following image: image.thumb.png.77dadeab29744b7ff51ea27526b1dc28.png
  4. IF the answer is 'yes', on *both* PC & LT2 -> sign-out of the VPN application, *exit* the VPN application, shutdown *both* LT2 & PC using *Shutdown*, not Restart, power on both devices by pressing the power button, login, start the VPN application, *sign-in* using the *same* email address that used for LT1, recheck the issue? IF it persists please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - on the support page, select either Email or Chat, then fill in the template as shown; please include a *detailed history*, include screen-prints IF they show the issue (tip, don't censor *entire* device ID)
    *Also - IF using Chat - ask the operator to email (you) a copy of the chat transcript *before* ending the chat - otherwise (you'll) have no record of the chat*                                                                                          image.thumb.png.0bc337a02668d5972adff3eecc1ec9cd.png
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Thanks 1

• Solution

It seems that Kaspersky's licensing system still associates your old Windows installation with the "unlimited VPN" access, which is causing the new installation on your desktop to revert to a limited VPN plan. This is common when reactivating devices after reinstallations, especially with limits on the number of activated devices. Here’s a detailed guide to help you resolve this:

Steps to Restore Unlimited VPN on Your Desktop

1. Check Kaspersky Device Limits Again:

• Go to the Kaspersky My Account page (https://my.kaspersky.com/).
    • Review all devices registered under your license. Ensure that your old desktop entry isn’t still lingering (even if it’s not active).
    • If you see any devices you're not using anymore, remove those devices.
  2. Deactivate and Reactivate VPN License on the Desktop:

• In My Kaspersky → My Devices, remove your current desktop entry if it's listed without the crown symbol.
    • Open Kaspersky on your desktop, sign out from your account, and sign back in.
    • This should force the system to re-sync your desktop with your premium subscription settings.
  3. Clear Old Data or Reinstall Kaspersky:

• Uninstall the Kaspersky software on your desktop completely, making sure to remove any leftover files (you can use Kaspersky's removal tool to ensure a clean uninstall).
    • Reinstall Kaspersky Premium again from scratch and log into your account. This might ensure the correct status update for VPN.
  4. Check Subscription Sync Across Devices:

• On each of your devices (both laptops and desktop), make sure you are logged into the same Kaspersky account and not using separate logins.
    • Go to Kaspersky Settings → Protection and ensure VPN is enabled and linked to the correct subscription plan.
  5. Contact Kaspersky Support:

• If the steps above don’t resolve the issue, you might need to contact Kaspersky support directly.
      • Provide them with your license details and explain that after reinstalling Windows, your desktop lost its premium VPN access.
      • They may need to manually reallocate the "unlimited VPN" status to your desktop in their system.
  6. Alternative Troubleshooting:

• Try removing all devices from your Kaspersky account temporarily and re-adding them.
    • Sometimes removing only the VPN service from the desktop (without uninstalling the full suite) and reinstalling it can fix sync issues.

This process should resolve the issue. If Kaspersky’s support is needed, they are generally helpful with subscription-related problems, especially when reinstallations are involved. https://support.kaspersky.com/ca/b2c/ca#contacts

Thank you

• Thanks 1

Lespaul59

To Flood & Floods wife and Kardip

Hi

Can't see anywhere to respond to you both  other than a thanks trophy symbol to click on, so do hope you see this.

Just want to say thank you for your help and to apologize for the delay in getting back to this - other things diverted me!

I'll try your  suggestions as soon as I can get to it and will post results the here.

Thanks again 👍

Edited by Lespaul59
  • Thanks 1

Hi Flood and Flood's Wife and Kardip

We have a solution.

When I next logged into my account, now, none of the machines had the crown showing.

Thankfully it was one of your most simple suggested solutions that rectified the issue. I closed the programme down and then logged in again, making sure that I entered the correct (including the new name that reinstalling Windows 10 gave the PC) and all was good again with two of the devices showing the crown and showing unlimited data for VPN. The device not showing the crown is a laptop that gets little use and so I don't think it will have ever used the VPN facility.

Thank you again for your amazing response to my problem. I learn as I go along !