Networking settings and Notification Center windows both show prompt to install IE extenion.

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

• Solution

Hello @brendox,

Welcome!

As far as we understand, Kaspersky Technical Support are saying this is not a problem, it’s “by design”🙄 , but they want traces, as follows: 

1. Enable Tracing 
  2. Exit KIS.
  3. Restart KIS. 
  4. Check whether both IE extension notifications are still there.
  5. Disable Tracing
  6. Save the Traces as a zip archive. 
  • Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, select Application malfunction template, include images, detailed history, Traces & a GSI & Windows Logs. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @brendox,

Welcome!

As far as we understand, Kaspersky Technical Support are saying this is not a problem it’s “by design”, but they want traces, as follows: 

1. Enable Tracing 
  2. Exit KIS.
  3. Restart KIS. 
  4. Check whether both IE extension notifications are still there.
  5. Disable Tracing
  6. Save the Traces as a zip archive. 
  • Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, select Application malfunction template, include images, detailed history, Traces & a GSI & Windows Logs. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

oh ok, if that's the what they want, sounds weird they need traces for something they say is how it should be, but, hey, another goose chase, p.o.s" 

Hi @harlan4096 

Hmmm🤔

So why not have two Google extension recommendation/notifications & two Firefox extension recommendation/notifications & two of Edge Chromium extension recommendation/notifications?

What sort of “by design” is that?

It’s not logical to have 2 for IE & not the other’s😕

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

It's different Harlan and when Hide notification is selected, the OTHER recommendation does not go away and the OTHER recommendation only has install nothin else.

I've seen a lot worse in this forum than a little emoji that perfectly shows hwo I feel about the extension problem

Welcome again to Kaspersky Community.

I have to say that I did not close Your previous topic, that being said, I think You are creating so much drama here with this “supposed issue” (it seems this is the end of the world!), if You still don’t agree with the behaviour of the product even after hiding the notification, just contact Kaspersky Support and suggest them a different one, this is the Kaspersky user forum and We can’t help You in this matter with Your crusade...