[Moved] I am having trouble when I enter the GTA V game because of Kaspersky VPN

I having the same issue as well. I think the issue arise due to Kaspersky’s VPN server block the inbound/outbound connection of the game. If we can ask the admin to create a firewall exclusion for this game would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I am from Japan, and in the same trouble. I have no clue how to solve this though...

Hello @Nanashi

Welcome!

IF the issue is replicable, video it, using a Screen recorder & log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Incompatibility with 3rd party software template, as in our image; Support may request Traces & other data; they will guide you.

• Logs & traces can be big to very big; run for only as long as it takes to replicate the issue &, if any of the files cannot be attached to the incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in the MyKaspersky account.

🔷 Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Resource:

Read before you create a new topic! tutorial by @Danila T. 

Dear Konstantinos, Let us solve this issue by contacting the Kaspersky’s support and report the issue to the developer so they can start to work on it.

Just sent a message to Kaspersky support, I hope they help us.

Hello @DecentMan & @Konstantinos

Welcome & thank you for being proactive👏

1. Has the been any feedback from Kaspersky Technical Support? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

@Anton Mefodys 

Thank you for replying. I don’t know about other two in this thread, but for me the reason why I want to use VPN is I’m afraid of some cheaters in GTA online. According to some  information, cheater can steal other player’s IP address by using illegitimate mod so players need to protect themselves. Actually the number of cheaters in this game, at least for PC edition, is pretty large. I don’t remember how many cheaters who do never be damaged I met.

This is where I knew about that: 

Link

The problem happens only when I try to play GTA online with Kaspersky VPN, neither GTA 5 nor other online game. I am sorry that I didn’t send anything detailed, I am going to send about my symptom to Kaspersky Technical Support. It will really help us if the cause of this will be found and fixed.

Hello all!

Could you please additionaly clarify why is it necessary to change IP address during play GTA game?

Thank you!

Hi yes, 

Grand Theft Auto Online  over the last few years has become infested with people using Mod menus (Cheat menus) to attack other players..  but since Rockstar has been clamping down on these cheaters and the developers of the menus,  the cheaters have become worse with how they behave online. 

it is now standard for players to use a  VPN while on GTA due to alot of cheaters /  players like to perform DOS or DDOS attacks on players leaving them offline for a long time which has prompted the increase of VPN’s being purchased.

the last few months  quite  a few players i’ve spoken to have been DDOSED (Booted offline) due to someone from grand theft auto online has managed to access their IP address.

reason ive got VPN by kaspersky is my IP address is not dynamic and we need to be online in regards to contact during the corona virus pandemic

P.s the ddos attacks are performed by users using  websites which have been created to act like a Botnet, in order to keep someone offline for up to 10 minutes or more 

Thanks 

• 2 months later...

It’s been 2 months, and I’m not sure if somebody is still in here. But anyway, we got a good news! Today I received a mail from Kaspersky technical support and it says “The issue between Grand Theft Auto V and Kaspersky VPN will be solved on the next patch, which is going to be released tomorrow”.

I will try it tomorrow, hopefully it’ll work.

It’s been 2 months, and I’m not sure if somebody is still in here. But anyway, we got a good news! Today I received a mail from Kaspersky technical support and it says “The issue between Grand Theft Auto V and Kaspersky VPN will be solved on the next patch, which is going to be released tomorrow”.

I will try it tomorrow, hopefully it’ll work.

good job, thanks for keeping this post updated 

no more being booted,   also thankyou Kaspersky Devs for implementing this! 

has this patch been released yet? cause i haven’t received any patch updates for my vpn and i updated my Kaspersky databases manually  no patch? 

I don’t think so. The e-mail that I received said the patch is going to be released “tomorrow”, but for me I can’t see any difference so far.

I asked them about this several days ago, and the response was “We are confirming about it. It may take some time.” 

I think they are having some difficulty, so that a delay is occurring. If I received any information from Kaspersky, I will tell it.

Hello @Nanashi & @GtaGamerPilot

1. Patch F for Kaspersky Secure Connection version 21.3.10.391 was released on August 10th, 2021.
  2. Patches are released, across the globe, in staggered distributions. 
  3. The patch release date is not necessarily the date a patch will arrive on your machine. 
  4. A patch release cycle may take up to 4 weeks to complete. 
  5. Make sure you reboot / shutdown & restart your device, for patches to be applied. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

@Flood and Flood's wife Thank you for the information. I checked version of Kaspersky VPN I installed, and it showed 21.3.10.391 (f). It seems like it has already applied.

I just tried connecting GTA online while using Kaspersky VPN, but unfortunately the problem still occurs. I’ll explain this to technical support and wait for the response.