[MacOS Catalina] How can I complete a full scan? [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I have yet to complete a full scan with Kaspersky Internet Security.  I have an iMac 2017 with 16GB ram, a 1 gb internal drive and two external 5 gb drives with only 1 gb on each.  Full scan will take days, for example I started it 14 hours ago and am only 10% done with 126 hours remaining.  It fails most of the time anyway.

I’m no expert, however, I had a similar problem and my scans never seem to complete.  Or at least, they took for days.  Do you have any of the Adobe applications installed?  There are some of their software which is protected which means that you have to “skip” each one of them.  Thus, you can’t leave KIS to do its thing and go away and do something else.  You have to virtually sit beside your pc clicking on each item.  Also do you know that you can add those items which you don’t want to include in your “full scan” which makes it quicker also.

Not sure whether that makes sense or if it is of any use to you.

Sabina

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/how-long-should-a-full-scan-take-on-a-half-full-2tb-hard-drive-on-a-macbook-pro-running-catalina-plus-7612/index3.html#post38457

• Solution

Hi!

Try to scan driver separetely without using Full scan option:

you can select the concrete drives to scan and check in what cases the issue occurs (try to select only internal drive, then try to sellect external drivers). In what cases the issue occurs?

Then try to select all drives (or manually or using Quick scan scope option) and also check does the issue occur in this case?

Please tell about the results.

Thanks!