Kids safe app locking windows PC

RogueMonkey
Go to solution Solved by RogueMonkey,

Hey guys,

Why is the kids safe app locking windows PC’s even though it shouldn’t be doing this?

An account failed to log on.

Subject:
    Security ID:        SYSTEM
    Account Name:        TINY$
    Account Domain:        HOME
    Logon ID:        0x3E7

Logon Type:            2

Account For Which Logon Failed:
    Security ID:        NULL SID
    Account Name:        Rach
    Account Domain:        TINY

Failure Information:
    Failure Reason:        Unknown user name or bad password.
    Sub Status:        0xC000006A

Process Information:
    Caller Process ID:    0x10b0
    Caller Process Name:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Safe Kids 1.0.5\safekids.exe

This should not be doing this.   This happened on mine and my brothers computer!  (I am doing this because my brother is still locked out.  He’s not happy that kid safe is doing this.

Also, where is says:      Failure Reason:        Unknown user name or bad password.

There was no bad password.   It was the correct password and soon as kids safe was installed and kaspersky VPN was removed and the PC was rebooted, this happened.

Hey guys,

Why is the kids safe app locking windows PC’s even though it shouldn’t be doing this? 
This should not be doing this.   This happened on mine and my brothers computer!  (I am doing this because my brother is still locked out.  He’s not happy that kid safe is doing this.

Also, where is says:      Failure Reason:        Unknown user name or bad password. 
There was no bad password.   It was the correct password and soon as kids safe was installed and kaspersky VPN was removed and the PC was rebooted, this happened.

Hello @RogueMonkey

Welcome!

1. Has KSK just been installed on both computers? 
  2. For the computer that’s still “locked”, may we have a full screen image of the lock please → if you need to use another device to take the shot that’s fine. 
  3. In the (parent) MyKaspersky account, print the KSK Notifications & post back please?
  4. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hey, 

Answers to your questions, so I did a copy paste and then I will have the answers on the side:

1. Has KSK just been installed on both computers?  Yes on both computers, they both run windows 10 pro.

2. For the computer that’s still “locked”, may we have a full screen image of the lock please → if you need to use another device to take the shot that’s fine.  None is locked now, BUT it did show the type account lockout message with it.   This only happened since KSK was installed, and set up, which there was no need for this.
  3. In the (parent) MyKaspersky account, print the KSK Notifications & post back please?  Nope, because there was no notifications, or it is one that I have disabled.
  4. Is KSK Premium or Free? Free.

Hello @RogueMonkey

Thank you for posting back!

1. Is your brother’s computer still “locked”? 
  2. IF “yes”, share a photo of the “lock” screen please? 
  3. Which Notifications have been “disabled”, please show us a full screen image? 
  4. In KSK Reports, are there any logged events? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

1. Is your brother’s computer still “locked”? It is me the brother, as stated before the computer is not locked now.  Kids Safe seems to like to mess with the account lockout for windows 10 pro when first set up.
  2. IF “yes”, share a photo of the “lock” screen please?  Already gave the answer to this above in the last post, and in this post.
  3. Which Notifications have been “disabled”, please show us a full screen image?  Already gave an answer to this in the last post.
  4. In KSK Reports, are there any logged events?  Already gave an answer to this in the last post.