Kids able to use unlimited despite have a time limit

tarzan977

My son has a Redmi Note 8 Pro

How can he have unlimited use of the phoen when the time limit is set to 30 minutes

The app is next to useless

I have tried uninstalling and installing the app several times, still no luck

I tried contacting customer support. They were not much help asking me to perform a long string of tests and email.

This is supposed to the premium version . why doesnt it work?

IMG20221020194022.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-20-19-41-35-67_9218565c5bbefdbd05eaa4dfcbc63f9a.jpg

1 hour ago, tarzan977 said:
  1. My son has a Redmi Note 8 Pro, KSK Premium
  2. How can he have unlimited use of the phone when the time limit is set to 30 minutes
  3. I have tried uninstalling and installing the app several times, still no luck
  4. I tried contacting customer support. They were not much help asking me to perform a long string of tests and email.

Hello @tarzan977

Welcome!

1. What is the MIUI version - go to Phone, Settings, About or About Phone, Version or Software Version? 
  2. In the second image you've posted, Reports shows 30 minutes, can you open that for us & post the next screen please? 
  3. On (your) child's Redmi, how has Manage apps battery usage for the KSK app, been configured? 
  4. Did you actually do the " long string of tests" that support requested?
  5. Did support give you an incident reference number & is the case still open? 
  6. How is Settings configured? 
  7. Has Admin / Developer or Root permission been applied on the Redmi?   

Thank you?

Flood?+?

11 minutes ago, Casey said:

Same issue here.  The timer is only effective once they exit an app/go back to the Home Screen or prune the screen off.  Then the lock out appears.  It doesn’t kick him out of the apps which is the whole point.

Hello @Casey

Welcome!

How KSK is supposed to work, when the time duration has expired, the entire phone interface is supposed to change & only apps that the parent has explicitly permitted or the KSK designated safety apps - phone (for example), should be visible. 

1. Have you also raised the issues with Support, IF "yes", what have they said please? 
  2. Is the device also a Redmi - if "yes", please provide MIUI version

Please post back? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added question

I have sane issue. Daughter can just kerp using apps/games after expired allowed time. She has a One Plus. 

Also it would be nice to ban all apps collectively, not individually. And set an option that the child has to get permission before installing new inappropriate apps.

None if these exits or if the do, they dont work!!

5 hours ago, Gerd Nielsen said:
  1. I have same issue. Daughter can just keep using apps/games after expired allowed time. She has a One Plus. 
  2. Also it would be nice to ban all apps collectively, not individually.
  3. And set an option that the child has to get permission before installing new inappropriate apps.

Hello @Gerd Nielsen

Welcome! 

Kaspersky have an advisory for Oppo devices: "We do not recommend installing Kaspersky Safe Kids in the child mode on Oppo devices. Installed on Oppo as on a parent's device, the application works correctly." (ioo), this may also apply to One Plus devices, Oppo & One Plus parent co is BBK Electronics?

1. Possibly KSK has not been installed/configured correctly or perhaps the One Plus has also not been configured as per KSK requirements, IF KSK is Premium, not Free, please log a case with Kaspersky support, fill in either Chat or Email, select Application malfunction, Other template, in the Description of the issue section, give a detailed history; include all screen print(s); support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  2. & 3. Both are good suggestions, however, unfortunately, not possible with KSK current version, when you discuss the app not working with support you may wish to log this with them at the same time, they will create a Feedback, Suggestion request & submit it for evaluation.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Flood & Flood's wife

I have done the reports that Kaspersky have asked to do before. no luckj

They still asked me to keep doing the same repeated tests, no luck

It is clear that there is a problem with the product, where other users are facing similar issues

What is the point of paying for a paying for a premium product when its not doing what it is supposed to , even the most basic feature of blocking the phone after restricted time has elapsed

Most of the parents are not that technical minded to send detailed crash logs and reports. they just want to pay for a 'premium product' and for it to work 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tarzan977 said:

I have done the reports that Kaspersky have asked to do before. no luck.

They still asked me to keep doing the same repeated tests, no luck. 

It is clear that there is a problem with the product, where other users are facing similar issues.

What is the point of paying for a paying for a premium product when it's not doing what it is supposed to, even the most basic feature of blocking the phone after restricted time has elapsed.

Most of the parents are not that technical minded to send detailed crash logs and reports. they just want to pay for a 'premium product' and for it to work.

Hello @tarzan977

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. Did support provide an incident reference number & is the case still open
  2. IF support is asking you to repeat tests & are not explaining why, ask them the purpose of the repeat tests? 
  • Even tho other people may appear to have the same issue, it's cannot necessarily be assumed that the root cause is the same, simply because there are so many factors that may be contributing, however, we do agree, the troubleshooting process can be frustrating & laborious, especially if it's not explained or appears to lack purpose. 
  • We also agree almost everybody would rather be doing anything else than collecting/sending logs/data, however, support do not have x-ray vision, and they do analyze each case on a case-by-case basis. 
  • The bottom line is, the KSK experts are available to support you because you've paid a Premium subscription; they're the ones that need to explain what is causing the problem? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 11 months later...
14 hours ago, V2028 said:

Exactly the same problem here.

Any suggestion to solve it please?

14 hours ago, V2028 said:

Otherwise what's the point of having the app...

Hello @V2028

Welcome!

1. Is the device also a Redmi - does it meet: Kaspersky Safe Kids for Android, Hardware and software requirements?
  2. Has KSK been uninstalled, followed by a full POWER OFF of the PHONE and then POWER ON, then login, download a new KSK installer & clean install?
  3. Have you reviewed KSK: Known issues, for XIAOMI devices (which also cover Redmi devices)?  
  4. 👉Have you also raised the issue/s with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, IF "yes", what have they said please? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

pn

On 10/8/2023 at 4:39 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @V2028

Welcome!

1. Is the device also a Redmi - does it meet: Kaspersky Safe Kids for Android, Hardware and software requirements?
  2. Has KSK been uninstalled, followed by a full POWER OFF of the PHONE and then POWER ON, then login, download a new KSK installer & clean install?
  3. Have you reviewed KSK: Known issues, for XIAOMI devices (which also cover Redmi devices)?  
  4. 👉Have you also raised the issue/s with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, IF "yes", what have they said please? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hi!

1. Yes

2. It a new device, the past one (a ZTE) did not work with KSK. And I did not do that.

3. No

4. Yes, many times, they are asking me to perform several procedures, wich I did, but now they are asking me to send them videos of the problem, it is RIDICULOUS!

Best regards to everyone!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, V2028 said:

4. Yes, many times, they are asking me to perform several procedures, which I did, but now they are asking me to send them videos of the problem, it is RIDICULOUS!

Hello @V2028

Thank you so much for posting back & the information! 

💥Unfortunately, in our experience, sometimes Kaspersky support can be very frustrating - however - IF giving them a video - helps to get the problem fixed & SHUTS them UP 🤐 - isn't it better to give them a video? 

In the meantime, please tell us: 

1. The Incident reference number logged with support; it begins with INC0000?
  2. The new Redmi OS versionMIUI
  3. Which KSK version is installed? 
  4. Is KSK configured to 'auto-restart'? 
  5. Is Settings -> BLOCKED - for (your) child? 
  6. Has the phone been modified in any way, or admin / root permission applied? 
  7.  💥Did support ask (you) to install a special version of KSK, to collect logs? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

On 10/8/2023 at 4:39 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @V2028

Welcome!

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hi!

1. Yes

2. It a new device, the past one (a ZTE) did not work with KSK. And I did not do that.

3. No

4. Yes, many times, they are asking me to perform several procedures, wich I did, but now they are asking me to send them videos of the problem, it is RIDICULOUS!

Best regards to everyone!

2 minutes ago, V2028 said:
  • 1. Yes
  • 2. It a new device, the past one (a ZTE) did not work with KSK. And I did not do that.
  • 3. No
  • 4. Yes, many times, they are asking me to perform several procedures, wich I did, but now they are asking me to send them videos of the problem, it is RIDICULOUS!

Hello @V2028

Welcome back! 

Yes, you already told us that over 24 hours ago, & we've responded to that...so, moving forward: 

💥Unfortunately, in our experience, sometimes Kaspersky support can be very frustrating - however - IF giving them a video - helps to get the problem fixed & SHUTS them UP 🤐 - isn't it better to give them a video?

Please tell us: 

1. The Incident reference number logged with support; it begins with INC0000?
  2. The new Redmi OS version MIUI
  3. Which KSK version is installed? 
  4. Is KSK configured to 'auto-restart'? 
  5. Is Settings -> BLOCKED - for (your) child? 
  6. Has the phone been modified in any way, or admin / root permission applied? 
  7.  💥Did support ask (you) to install a special version of KSK, to collect logs? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hi, yes they are very frustrating. It is like they are trying to prove something instead of helping me... Meanwhile I am paying and the app is not working...

I will send them the video, hoping now they try a little bit harder...

1. Yes.

2. Correction, the device is a Vivo.

3. I dont know

4. I dint know, I follwed the instructions...

5. No.

6. No.

7. No.

10 minutes ago, V2028 said:

Hi, yes, they are very frustrating. It is like they are trying to prove something instead of helping me... Meanwhile I am paying, and the app is not working...

1. Yes.

3. I don't know

4. I dint know; I followed the instructions...

5. No.

6. No.

7. No.

Hello @V2028

Thank you for posting back & the information!

We understand the process is frustrating & it feels very unfair to have paid for software that does not work as it should, we've been thru it many times, but, they are the only ones who can help, so it's important to work with them - from this side, we can guide you, so hopefully the issue gets fixed sooner rather than later. 

Please read everything we write very carefully: 

1. Please post back - the Incident reference number logged with support; it begins with INC0000?
  2. The Vivo OS version & MIUI - follow this guide to find the information: How to find the version of your operating system -> select For Android users
  3. KSK version, follow this guide: How to find out which version of Kaspersky Safe Kids is installed on your device?

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, yes they are very frustrating. It is like they are trying to prove something instead of helping me... Meanwhile I am paying and the app is not working...

1. Yes.

3. I dont know

4. I dint know, I follwed the instructions...

5. No.

6. No.

7. No.

• Thanks 1

Hi! Thank you for trying to help!

Unfortunately nothing helped... I did EVERYTHING the Kaspersky support team asked me to, even changing the device. 

After many many many lost hours I will change the app.

And I did not receive any a "sorry" from them...

Best regards!

• Thanks 1