KAV automatic Update from 19.0 to 20.0 worked on one PC, not on the other

Bert
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I have a 3-PC subscription to KAV and 2 Windows 10 PCs at the moment. Both have "Download and install new versions automatically" enabled. On Sept. 4, one updated from 19.0 to 20.0 automatically. I just noticed that the 2nd was still on 19.0. Going to "My Kaspersky" and downloading the product updater got the update installed with no problem. However, I'm guessing this can happen again. Anything I can look for in the machine which did not get updated automatically?

• Solution
I have a 3-PC subscription to KAV and 2 Windows 10 PCs at the moment. Both have "Download and install new versions automatically" enabled. On Sept. 4, one updated from 19.0 to 20.0 automatically. I just noticed that the 2nd was still on 19.0. Going to "My Kaspersky" and downloading the product updater got the update installed with no problem. However, I'm guessing this can happen again. Anything I can look for in the machine which did not get updated automatically?
Hello Bert, Welcome again! Check (which you've already done:wink:)
  1. SOMETIMES, there's a "visible" notification on the first screen of KAV application. Visible as in, the shield may change colour, selecting DETAILS will show additional information.
  2. Always regularly SHUTDOWN computer, sometimes big updates are waiting in the background, a FULL shutdown applies the updates.
  3. Check the system setting for BOOT - is "fast boot" enabled, if it is change to normal mode.
  4. Note: sometimes, these big updates seem to follow no rules, despite 1. 2. 3., I've had big updates pop out of nowhere, others not appear at all until I manually force the update.
Thank you.