Kaspersky VPN won't turn on on Android

I've been using Kaspersky VPN for 3 years and never had this problem before. It just won't turn on. I mean I don't get any error messages. It just in "Turning On.."  state.

I cleared cache and data but didn't make any change.

I also uninstalled VPN and reinstall but didn't make any change.

Device is an old Android 8 Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus

Hi,

Yes, AutoStart permission was already granted. Also it uses location permission.

Yes, I tried Clear Cache and Force Stop. It didn't help. The app just keep saying "Turning On".

This only occurs when I use mobile data (not wifi). On wifi there is no problem.

I also checked my ISP if there is anything that blocks the connection but everything seems to be OK.

On 7/17/2023 at 4:00 PM, Azalin said:

Hi,

Yes, AutoStart permission was already granted. Also it uses location permission.

Yes, I tried Clear Cache and Force Stop. It didn't help. The app just keep saying "Turning On".

This only occurs when I use mobile data (not wifi). On wifi there is no problem.

I also checked my ISP if there is anything that blocks the connection but everything seems to be OK.

Hello@ Azalin

Okay thanks for the feedback.

Please try this next list of tricks, i know you already tried some off these i post but please try and re-do them.

If your Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus running Android 8 is having trouble connecting to Kaspersky VPN using mobile data, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

Fist Check your mobile data settings: Ensure that your mobile data is enabled and that you have a stable internet connection. You can toggle the mobile data switch off and on to refresh the connection.

Then follow below.

1. Restart your device: Sometimes, restarting your device can resolve connectivity issues. Try turning off your device, waiting for a few seconds, and then turning it back on.

2. Check VPN settings: Open the Kaspersky VPN app on your Xiaomi device and verify that the settings are configured correctly. Ensure that you have selected the appropriate VPN server location and any other necessary settings.

3. Clear app cache and data: Go to the Settings menu on your Xiaomi device, then navigate to Apps or Applications. Locate the Kaspersky VPN app from the list of installed apps and tap on it. From there, you can clear the app cache and data. This action resets the app to its default state, potentially resolving any conflicts or issues.

4. Update the Kaspersky VPN app: Make sure that you have the latest version of the Kaspersky VPN app installed on your Xiaomi device. Visit the Google Play Store, search for Kaspersky VPN, and check if an update is available. Updating the app can sometimes fix bugs and improve compatibility.

5. Disable battery optimization: Some Android devices have aggressive battery optimization settings that can interfere with VPN connectivity. To check if this is the case, go to the Settings menu, navigate to Battery or Battery Optimization, and locate the Kaspersky VPN app. Disable battery optimization for the app, which allows it to run in the background more efficiently.

6. Reset network settings: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting the network settings on your Xiaomi device. Go to Settings, tap on System, select Reset options, and choose Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. Please note that this action will reset your network settings, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections, so you'll need to set them up again.

If the issue persists after trying these troubleshooting steps, you may want to consider contacting Kaspersky support,

https://support.kaspersky.com/KSDE/Win5.3/en-US/128317.htm or reaching out to Xiaomi's customer support,  https://www.mi.com/global/supportfor further assistance.

Thank you

Hi @KarDip,

I tried all of them. Unfortunately none worked. However I did contact the support and they sent me the debug version of the app and they asked me to send the log files after I try to connect to VPN.

I sent the log files yesterday and currently waiting for their findings and solution.

Thanks,

Suat

55 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Hi @KarDip,

I tried all of them. Unfortunately none worked. However I did contact the support and they sent me the debug version of the app and they asked me to send the log files after I try to connect to VPN.

I sent the log files yesterday and currently waiting for their findings and solution.

Thanks,

Suat

Thanks for the Up-date.

• Like 1