Kaspersky Total Renewal?

I have kaspersky total and used it for 2 years total.  The first time I bought it off kaspersky website.  This is kaspersky total.  The next year I then bought it off amazon.com and then entered the code into my kaspersky total.  I don't recall if I added the kaspersky code to my kaspersky total after it expired or before it expired and thus extended it for another year.

My kaspersky total subscription will end soon again.  Now, did kaspersky total change and is it kaspersky premium now?  On amazon, you can buy kaspersky total 2024 so that would renew this kaspersky in my computer?  I remembered last year when I bought it off amazon, it was called kaspersky total 2023.

Which kaspersky do I buy now to extend the subscription?  Is the one on amazon going to work just like before?  Confused because I heard something about kaspersky premium.  But do you need to download kaspersky premium or not?  I assume you don't?  Also I downloaded kaspersky total back when I was in the US and currently using it outside the US where I am at right now.  Last year I had bought kaspersky total 2023 off amazon and extended my kaspersky total while outside the US.

2 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

I have kaspersky total and used it for 2 years total.  The first time I bought it off kaspersky website.  This is kaspersky total.  The next year I then bought it off amazon.com and then entered the code into my kaspersky total.  I don't recall if I added the kaspersky code to my kaspersky total after it expired or before it expired and thus extended it for another year.

My kaspersky total subscription will end soon again.  Now, did kaspersky total change and is it kaspersky premium now?  On amazon, you can buy kaspersky total 2024 so that would renew this kaspersky in my computer?  I remembered last year when I bought it off amazon, it was called kaspersky total 2023.

Which kaspersky do I buy now to extend the subscription?  Is the one on amazon going to work just like before?  Confused because I heard something about kaspersky premium.  But do you need to download kaspersky premium or not?  I assume you don't?  Also I downloaded kaspersky total back when I was in the US and currently using it outside the US where I am at right now.  Last year I had bought kaspersky total 2023 off amazon and extended my kaspersky total while outside the US.

Hello @Joefram80

Welcome back!

👉Which *one* on Amazon, at least give us a link OR a clue as to which Amazon region - so we can see what you see? 

Kaspersky software purchased from Amazon, you will still receive an Activation code, if purchased from a Kaspersky website (you) will not receive an Activation code - the License code will be sent to (your) MyKaspersky account as soon as a successful payment has been made & the software *activates* as soon as a successful payment has been *processed*. 

Kaspersky have released their *new* range, Kaspersky Total Security will eventually reach end-of-life, Kaspersky have not announced an end date. 

IF customers *upgrade* from Kaspersky Total Security to Kaspersky Plus OR Kaspersky Premium by *buying* a Kaspersky Total Security subscription but installing the *Plus* OR *Premium* software - the Customer does not get the *full* Plus OR Premium package - for example - IF (you) purchase a  Kaspersky Total Security subscription & install Kaspersky Premium, you will not get Unlimited VPN - why? Because  Kaspersky Total Security does not come with Unlimited VPN - the *upgrade* is like for like. 

IF (you) buy a *new* Kaspersky Plus OR Kaspersky Premium subscription - (not upgraded KTS or KSC), whether from a Kaspersky website OR Amazon - both Kaspersky Plus & Kaspersky Premium come with Unlimited VPN. 

A license *must* be activated in the country of *purchase*, unless the subscription is purchased from Kaspersky's *Global* web-store. 

On Amazon - it shows very clearly - a license *must* be activated in the country of *purchase*, once the software is *activated* it can be used anywhere in the world (or words to that effect). 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - requires updating (ioo). 

Kaspersky's product marketing, from their Global website: 

2024-01-13_185115.thumb.png.5f21e18623da20d329aefabc927a6072.png

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

https:// www . amazon . com /Kaspersky-Total-Security-Device-Download/dp/B076CWK6GD/ref=sr_1_1?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.0AJudEPzpSeJ_P6Sx4v9FmjI48I69sPL3CYRd-uOnzOHLxV7FXxkpkJH-9dWjyfn-dkxw1odL1UQDrZiPg5oRvgtdSxWcZpFlQMm5mOdwm4C2MvFJDLh0WJ0ZfPcldG0NTAXS9mI4F8lLS0lXM2fYw.BBYvjmiGtxTJNMi3IX6njkz-l4OYqv2mIsyHRkbw2zw&dib_tag=se&keywords=kaspersky+total&qid=1705190025&sr=8-1

Kaspersky Total the USA Version

I purchased it off the US amazon site last year when it was called Kaspersky Total 2023. 

This one is called Kaspersky Total 2024.

I just received a code to my email and then entered it into kaspersky total and then it renewed.

The thing is I bought this when I was outside the US last year and activated it while outside the US last year but I don't think this mattered since I bought it off amazon US site and also because I already had kaspersky total installed on my windows laptop.

Does this mean I can also purchase this same one off amazon US site like last year and do the same thing?

Also, when will kaspersky total not work anymore and I have to download a new kaspersky?  Also can I download whatever is the new kaspersky while outside the US?  I should be able to access the kaspersky US site while outside the US right?  When I first downloaded Kaspersky Total 2 years ago, I did this while in the US though.

On 1/14/2024 at 10:57 AM, Joefram80 said:

https:// www . amazon . com /Kaspersky-Total-Security-Device-Download/dp/B076CWK6GD/ref=sr_1_1?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.0AJudEPzpSeJ_P6Sx4v9FmjI48I69sPL3CYRd-uOnzOHLxV7FXxkpkJH-9dWjyfn-dkxw1odL1UQDrZiPg5oRvgtdSxWcZpFlQMm5mOdwm4C2MvFJDLh0WJ0ZfPcldG0NTAXS9mI4F8lLS0lXM2fYw.BBYvjmiGtxTJNMi3IX6njkz-l4OYqv2mIsyHRkbw2zw&dib_tag=se&keywords=kaspersky+total&qid=1705190025&sr=8-1

Kaspersky Total the USA Version

I purchased it off the US amazon site last year when it was called Kaspersky Total 2023. 

• This one is called Kaspersky Total 2024.
  • I just received a code to my email and then entered it into kaspersky total and then it renewed.

The thing is I bought this when I was outside the US last year and activated it while outside the US last year but I don't think this mattered since I bought it off amazon US site and also because I already had kaspersky total installed on my windows laptop.

Does this mean I can also purchase this same one off amazon US site like last year and do the same thing?

Also, when will kaspersky total not work anymore and I have to download a new kaspersky? 

Also can I download whatever is the new kaspersky while outside the US? 

I should be able to access the kaspersky US site while outside the US right? 

When I first downloaded Kaspersky Total 2 years ago, I did this while in the US though.

2 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

Do you or others know the answer to this?

Hello @Joefram80

Thank you for the information & for posting back!

⚠️Some of your questions have *already* been answered in our first reply - please read our previous reply - if you are still unclear - please contact the Amazon merchant OR Kaspersky Customer Servicehttps://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - on the support page, select Chat or Email, then fill in: Order and payment issues, Pricing, discounts, how to purchase, etc.  template - see image 2

From the link you shared: 

1. Kaspersky Total Security *2023*
  2. Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
  3. Kaspersky's written advice about the same topic: Recommendations: "When buying the activation code, make sure it corresponds to the region where you intend to activate a Kaspersky application. The information about regional restrictions is available on the online store page or on the box." || This does not apply to subscriptions purchased from Kaspersky's *Global* website. 
  4. Re "Also, when will kaspersky total not work anymore?" We've answered this in our previous reply. 
  5. Kaspersky's *new* range is available now, we've already provided the link to the resource in our previous reply.
  6. Re "Also can I download whatever is the new kaspersky while outside the US?" Downloading & activating are *different*, if there's confusion as to what you actually mean - please seek clarification from Kaspersky Customer Service. 
  7. Re: "I should be able to access the kaspersky US site while outside the US right?" IF there's difficulty accessing *any* Kaspersky website, please raise the issue with Kaspersky Customer Service.  
  8. *Important* an *upgraded/converted* KTS subscription to the *new* 2024 Kaspersky subscription is not the same as purchasing a *new* Kaspersky 2024 subscription - why - because an *upgraded/converted* subscription is done on a like for like basis, the applications that come with KTS, come with the *upgraded/converted* subscription *irrespective of whether or not the *new* 2024 subscription has different application offerings. 
  9. Finally - you know what you purchased from Amazon & where you were physically located, when the purchase was made - you *should* have emails from Amazon & bank records, all information the Kaspersky Community is not privy to - answering obscure, generic questions is impossible, when many of those questions are impacted by specific Kaspersky licensing guidelines, read: https://support.kaspersky.com/consumer/faq-for-home-products#purchase-and-payment-win

Webcapture_15-1-2024_18259_www.amazon_com.thumb.jpeg.66823edd038500b0895927e1e0441fce.jpeg

kts-subscription.thumb.png.44f6bd12081ef2ddf996e655bed9e75c.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

added 8.

Last year when I was outside the US, I bought kaspersky total 2023 on amazon US site.  Then I entered the code on kaspersky total while outside the US and it gave me another year of kaspersky total.  The code was sent to my email.

I want to know if I could do this again but this time on amazon US and it says kaspersky total 2024 on it.  I am not sure why there would be an issue?  The region I bought off amazon US last year was kaspersky total 2023 usa.  So wouldn't this work?

51 minutes ago, Joefram80 said:

Last year when I was outside the US, I bought kaspersky total 2023 on amazon US site.  Then I entered the code on kaspersky total while outside the US and it gave me another year of kaspersky total.  The code was sent to my email.

I want to know if I could do this again but this time on amazon US and it says kaspersky total 2024 on it.  I am not sure why there would be an issue?  The region I bought off amazon US last year was kaspersky total 2023 usa.  So wouldn't this work?

Hello @Joefram80

We're looking at the link you shared with us, in your previous reply, it's says two things very clearly: 

1. Kaspersky Total Security *2023*
  2. Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
  3. In Kaspersky's *original* range - there is no Kaspersky Total Security *2024* - Kaspersky is not releasing new versions for their old range; Kaspersky's original range has been replaced, read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T. 

We do not see what you *apparently* see so please don't keep asking us questions we cannot answer. 

Either ask Amazon or ask Kaspersky Customer Servicehttps://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

amazon.thumb.jpeg.15d1f10bd7785b301dccecf53d35c794.jpeg

added 3

Okay so it's kaspersky total 2023.  So you are saying if you buy it off amazon US, it won't work?  Then why is it available on amazon US then? 

You say it's currently only available to customers in the US.  I am from the US.  When I installed kaspersky total on my laptop a few years ago, I downloaded it from the US kaspersky site.  This is the US version.  I then am outside the US quite a bit and have no issue using it.  Then when my kaspersky total was going to expired, I purchased kaspersky total 2022 last year with my amazon US account while I was outside the US.  I then entered the activation code and then my kaspersky subscription extended for 1 year.

Last year I bought kaspersky total security 2022 off amazon US and used it with no issue.  There doesn't seem to be any difference between this kaspersky total 2023 compared to kaspersky total 2022 right?  But you are saying there is no more kaspersky total and you have to download kaspersky premium?  Can I download that outside the US?  The thing is if I buy the kaspersky 2023 total security and get activation code sent to my email from amazon US, would I get another year of kaspersky total or not?

Hello @Joefram80

We didn't say there's "no more kaspersky total" - YOU need to read what we wrote!!

Kaspersky have a rule, we've already provided the documentation reference:

1. Buy & activate the software in the *same* region - then fly to the moon if you like - the software will work anywhere once it's activated. 
  2. The Amazon site says:  Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States. *Located* = your physical body is in the United States of America. 

What *you* did OR didn't do, we do not know because we - the Community - have no access to your records & what you are saying cannot be verified - if we can't verify it, we are not going to give advice  - so for the last time

👉Either ask Amazon or ask Kaspersky Customer Servicehttps://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

spelling & remind OP to read what we wrote.

When I bought kaspersky total 2 years ago, I bought it from kaspersky website.  I downloaded kaspersky total USA from kaspersky site and was in the US when I activated it.  Then 1 year later when my kaspersky total expired, I was outside the US and bought kaspersky total security 2022 from amazon US and activated the code while outside the US.

Right now I'm outside the US again and want to know if it's the same exact thing, buy kaspersky total 2023 from amazon US and then activate the code.  

I already have kaspersky total on my windows laptop already for a few years.  So doesn't this mean buying kaspersky total 2023 will work the same like last year when I bought kaspersky total 2022?

46 minutes ago, Joefram80 said:
  1. When I bought kaspersky total 2 years ago, I bought it from kaspersky website. 
  2. I downloaded kaspersky total USA from kaspersky site and was in the US when I activated it. 
  3. Then 1 year later when my kaspersky total expired, I was outside the US and bought kaspersky total security 2022 from amazon US and activated the code while outside the US.
  4. Right now I'm outside the US again and want to know if it's the same exact thing, buy kaspersky total 2023 from amazon US and then activate the code.  
  5. I already have kaspersky total on my windows laptop already for a few years. 
  6. So doesn't this mean buying kaspersky total 2023 will work the same like last year when I bought kaspersky total 2022?

Hello @Joefram80

1. Ok. 
  2. That makes sense because it fits Kaspersky's guidelines. 
  3. IF you say so.
  4. Ask Amazon OR ask Kaspersky Customer Service - what do you not understand about those instructions? 
  5. Ok. 
  6. Ask Amazon OR ask Kaspersky Customer Service - the reason we cannot answer is because the *scenario* you've presented does not fit Kaspersky's guidelines, nor does it fit with the advice *shown* on the Amazon website. 
  • What's the point @Joefram80 - of repeatedly asking questions we've told you - cannot be answered by the Community & we've told you why the Community cannot answer those questions? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

spelling

I'm not sure why you said IF I say so for number 3.  That is what happened.

Last year when I wanted to renew kaspersky total, I bought kaspersky total 2022 from amazon US site and then activate the code on my laptop.  This is while I was outside the US.  The thing is I believe as long as you have the correct kaspersky country version downloaded on your computer, it doesn't matter where are you are anymore.  Is that correct?  Also it doesn't matter if it expires while you are outside the US because as long as you order an activation code for kaspersky total that is for kaspersky total USA, then it's good right?

The kaspersky total I bought off amazon US last year worked.  I had an activation code sent to my email and then entered it on kaspersky total and worked.

So on kaspersky website if you want to purchase kaspersky or renew it, it's kaspersky premium only... is that correct if you want to use kaspersky total?  The thing is if I renew it this way, do I have to download a new kaspersky software version on my laptop?  Or I can still use the same kaspersky total on the computer?

I know there is kaspersky total security, kaspersky internet security and those are 2 different versions.  

57 minutes ago, Joefram80 said:

I'm not sure why you said IF I say so for number 3.  That is what happened.

Hello @Joefram80

"IF you say so", because the scenario you presented -  does not fit Kaspersky's documented guidelines

*Now* for all we know, Kaspersky may have written the special Joefram80 guidelines, that apply to no-one else in the universe except Joefram80 - we don't know & quite frankly we fail to understand why you appear to be refusing to seek information from the two sources who have access to your records & your history & can help you sort out the *answer* to everything you are posting. 

IT doesn't matter what you say, we are not going to give advice that's outside of Kaspersky's guidelines. 

The end. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

pn

• 5 weeks later...

So I bought kaspersky total off amazon US. I entered the code into my already expired kaspersky total and it activated.  So that means it works then correct?  I am still using the old total kaspersky software that was downloaded years ago.

But are you suppose to download kaspersky premium?  But either one works?  Example you download kaspersky premium and then enter the same code?  Or you have to remove the code from kaspersky total first before downloading kaspersky premium?  You can download kaspersky premium regardless of where you are located right?

9 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

So I bought kaspersky total off amazon US. I entered the code into my already expired kaspersky total and it activated.  So that means it works then correct?  I am still using the old total kaspersky software that was downloaded years ago.

But are you suppose to download kaspersky premium?  But either one works?  Example you download kaspersky premium and then enter the same code?  Or you have to remove the code from kaspersky total first before downloading kaspersky premium?  You can download kaspersky premium regardless of where you are located right?

Hello @Joefram80,

Welcome back! 

Reading between the lines Joefram80, this is our assesment of what you've written:

You & your computer are not currently physically located in the US. 
The computer had an expired Kaspersky Total Security License & has Kaspersky Total Security software installed. 
From Amazon US, you purchased a Kaspersky Total Security License. 
You used the Kaspersky Total Security Activation code to activate the *old* Kaspersky Total Security License. 

The *old*  Kaspersky Total Security software activated. 

& you ask these questions: 

1. But are you suppose to download kaspersky premium?  
2. But either one works?  Example you download kaspersky premium and then enter the same code?  
3. Or you have to remove the code from kaspersky total first before downloading kaspersky premium?  
4. You can download kaspersky premium regardless of where you are located right?

Answers:

1. There is no Kaspersky software called Kaspersky Total, there's Kaspersky Total Security {Kaspersky's old software} OR Kaspersky Premium Total Security (Kaspersky's new software}, which product did you *actually* buy, post the URL from Amazon?   

2.IF (you) purchased a Kaspersky Total Security subscription & activated *old* Kaspersky Total Security - & you now wish to install Kaspersky Premium Total Security, the Kaspersky system may see this as a *conversion* & limit the Kaspersky Premium product to only what's available under the Kaspersky Total Security License: Kaspersky Customer Service - can *answer* this as they will look at your records & private information. 

*Read*Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ.

3. A subscription cannot be used for two products at the same time. 

4. We've answered this numerous times. 

Please contact Kaspersky Customer Service - they have access to (your) records & private information, they are the people who can help you - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Added answers

https:// www . amazon . com/Kaspersky-Total-Security-Device-Download/dp/B076CQG9QB/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1XOHFU92222DX&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.0AJudEPzpSeJ_P6Sx4v9FmjI48I69sPL3CYRd-uOnzNlOoLbgN498bqQ-MVS40IMp9Nq1Bc_yvE1W2ER3Stwn3v1WLdZa7i9oyepmQdoOSZh8cJrmwxv8HxaFNRZneO1hCSkKn6QhetQLK-Y8-OL-Ula3dGDwaMsqAbE5jpXCO7IxI1LNiYYObJQS2Ior2YI9jIz5FkpWI4MQR2Y6V86olCzYgzfj5Pv4gNZ8dhUCPo.8Pd7n_4xW1ebgxgRdaZWxscg-7Ti9ofI5S1v_CtUSHU&dib_tag=se&keywords=kaspersky%2Btotal%2Bsecurity%2B2024&qid=1708147024&sprefix=kaspersky%2Caps%2C774&sr=8-2&th=1

I entered the code into my kaspersky total security and it now it no longer shows expired.  So I can continue using it this way right?  

6 hours ago, Joefram80 said:
  1. Total Security 2023 | 3 Devices | 1 Year | Antivirus, Secure VPN and Password Manager Included | PC/Mac/Android | Online Code
  2. I entered the code into my kaspersky total security and it now it no longer shows expired.  So I can continue using it this way right?  

You're most welcome @Joefram80

1. USER_2024-02-17_215544.thumb.jpg.208f5c3d38763354022b8c745bf0f04e.jpg
  2. If you wish OR you can upgrade to Kaspersky Plus, by following instruction from Danila T. in: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ. *Existing users can download the latest version of Kaspersky security plans here*
  3. Make sure the *new* Activation code is saved in your MyKaspersky account - IF you don't know how to do that, *read: About activation codes for Kaspersky applications & contact Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts
  4. Do a Full backup. 
  5. Uninstall KTS, at the end of the uninstall, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power ON by pressing the power button, login. 
  6. Download & install Kaspersky Plus. 
  7. Make sure Kaspersky Plus application *synchronises* with your MyKaspersky account - to pick-up the *new* Activation code = YOU sign into your MyKaspersky account - from the Kaspersky Plus application.  
  8. Run a Database update. 
  9. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power ON by pressing the power button, login. 
  10. Make sure Kaspersky Plus is running as per your expectations? 
  • *NOTE: IF you decide to upgrade to Kaspersky Plus, it does not come with Unlimited VPN, why? Because you have an upgraded/converted license -> from KTS to Kaspersky Plus, not a full Kaspersky Plus subscription; the original KTS comes with Secure Limited Free VPN, not Unlimited - a converted subscription is on a like-for-like basis. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

spelling

13 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

So I can just use kaspersky total security as is now right though?  

What would be the pros or cons of downloading kaspersky plus?  

Pros:

- Will get the latest update for the Plus app

- More features compared to Total Security

- Better user interface to use all the features in the App ( Got search function now)

Cons:

- Different interface, might take some time to get familiar

- No easy mode interface for customers that just want to Update/Scan/Safe Money

You can read more about the features of Plus here:

https://support.kaspersky.com/help/Kaspersky/Win21.16/en-US/152975.htm