Kaspersky Standard 21.17 [ Bug report page ];

Go to solution Solved by Psiu47,

'Report' page column is not saving or updating anymore which includes detailed information regarding viruses scan like 'full/quick/path file or external devices'. Not sure yet about background/rootkit scan since last time it happened was at 3 a.m. And going to wait untill it start 24 hours after.

This similar bug happen to occur last month around May 12th and took more than 9 days to Kaspersky acknowledge that existing issue. And I was still studying that proccess and symptoms and wait so others could report this as well. Although back then that bug was only affecting 'background/rootkit scan'.

But this happening out of the blue again but instead got to affect all type of scans on report page is one thing to get me annoyed. So I'm making this report as fast as I can so it get fixed as soon as possible.

Last known scan was save and it happen to be 18 hours ago and the update pulled a search for at 1:39 a.m. of 06/10. Then at the same day on 7:00 p.m. this bug started. Any action I'd initiate like viruses scans were not properly being saved at report page.

222.png

Captura de tela 2024-06-10 215821.png

Captura de tela 2024-06-10 21585122.png

Posted (edited)

Ok...seems like is only affecting 'quick/full scans'. Ran another 'selective scan' or path file and it did save on report page.

Captura de tela 2024-06-10 223106.png

Edited by Psiu47
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Psiu47 said:
  1. 'Report' page column is not saving or updating anymore which includes detailed information regarding viruses scan like 'full/quick/path file or external devices'.

Not sure yet about background/rootkit scan since last time it happened was at 3 a.m. And going to wait until it start 24 hours after.

2. This similar bug happen to occur last month around May 12th and took more than 9 days to Kaspersky acknowledge that existing issue.

And I was still studying that process and symptoms and wait so others could report this as well. Although back then that bug was only affecting 'background/rootkit scan'.

But this happening out of the blue again but instead got to affect all type of scans on report page is one thing to get me annoyed. So I'm making this report as fast as I can so it get fixed as soon as possible.

Last known scan was save and it happen to be 18 hours ago and the update pulled a search for at 1:39 a.m. of 06/10. Then at the same day on 7:00 p.m. this bug started. Any action I'd initiate like viruses scans were not properly being saved at report page.

Hello @Psiu47

Welcome back!

1. Do you have an example of how the Report is when the problem does not exist? 
  2. When this *similar* issue happened - that (you) observed around 12th May 2024, was a topic raised by (you), we cannot find any? OR perhaps (you) escalated it to Kaspersky? 
  3. *IF* the report was logging *path* for Quick, Full, Background etc - potentially there could be thousands of paths in the report... 
  • Our Background & Quick scan from the 11th of June 2024 or the 15th of May 2024: 

image.thumb.png.7c27a2b4e6c237abc897e59e14609b2a.png

image.thumb.png.5d8d6a8ec59faa05880ce36a91563930.png

May 2024, Selective scan, shows path, see image

image.thumb.png.5366c112b75626804b17d1e6118e3952.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added Quick scan & Selective & 2.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

There were no discussion I've posted last month. What happened actually for 9 days aprox. at May 12th  'rootkit/background scans' were not saving in the full report page like other scans. So with my old habit everytime these scans were about to happen I've kept tracked the time would start accordingly to my clock and when they would stop by checking how many minutes the last background/rootkit finished. And made a log everyday on notepad. That is how I've managed to keep tracking these scans since there bugging for no reason.

And I've thought Kaspersky might be aware, collecting information gathered from their client base to figure out what issue is and get resolved as soon as possible. So I would not bother with another topic about an issue as this since unknown bugs are always related to updates and changes and since KS is set to update daily by automatic. Is an unknown ground which updated blew this off.

Yesterday, I've noticed a similar symptom happening when I'd execute a 'quick scan' and when went to check 'full report page', there were no log about that 'quick scan' and the last detail was from another scan. 

So I have booted the computer and then I've started running path selected, or 'selective scans', 'quick scan' once more and somehow managed to save these reports at 'full report page'.

At late last night after several searches and automatic database updates. What I have noticed is at 10:02 p.m. all scans/verifications I have started were being stored at 'full report page'.

I may have antecipated with no further study and conclusion which gets a wrong image about my presence. So anyhow, it seems like is back to normal by sort of and if the next it happens another bug. I'll wait a day or two before spreading anything at the forum.

My apologies for unwary discussion I should have gathered more information before posting this.

Edited by Psiu47
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1