Kaspersky Safe Kids Recen Update blocking Youtube Comments, Gmail and Hangouts from loading even if the website is whitelisted

Ashish

After updating The Safe kids from version 1.0.5.4848 (d) to the version 1.0.5.6123 (E),

1. Youtube comments are not loading at all even if i whitelist the Youtube Website in exclusions.
  1. Gmail is not opening properly 
  1.  Chat meassages in Hangouts is not working properly.    IN short the applicaition has become messy after the recent update . Please Fix this problem ASAP.

Hello @Ashish,

Welcome!

1. May we have an image of KSK version? rightclick on the KSK icon, select About
  2. What device operating system name & version is KSK installed on? 
  3. Since applying the update, has the device been shutdown using Shutdown not Restart?
  4. Is Youtube accessed via an app or a browser? If “browser”, which browser?  
  5. Is Gmail accessed via an app or a browser? If “browser”, which browser?
  6. Is Hangouts accessed via an app or a browser? If “browser”, which browser?
  7. May we have a video of the Youtube, Gmail & Hangouts issues? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi,

The following are the answers to your  questions

The KSK Version is mentioned, please find
    1.  The Windows 10 Version is Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.264)
    2. The device had been restarted after the update was done. After that i usually use shutdown
    3. Youtube is being accessed via the latest version of Chrome Browser. I would point out that this problem is occurring in all the browsers like Mozilla and Microsoft Edge. I am not using any Application for youtube.
    4. Chrome for both opening Gmail is being used.
    5. Chrome for both opening Hangouts is being used.
    6.  The images are attached. The comments icon keeps on loading but never shows as shown below. Once i Quit the Safe Kids application all the problems mentioned above vanish Immediately. The problem started after i updated my Safe Kids yesterday.

The Chats in the Hangouts are not loading as Highlighted with Pink Colour.

• Earlier version of the Kaspersky Safe Kids 
  • Kaspersky automatically updating the Kaspersky Safe Kids application 
  1. Kaspersky Safe Kids version after getting updated which is causing the problem
    VERSION CAUSING PROBLEMS
    1.  The Windows 10 Version is NOT the Preview build
    2.  Image of Winver
      ​​​​​​​

Hello @Ashish,

Thank you for the additional information & images👌

• Kaspersky does not support beta versions/previews of new operating systems. Only final, officially released operating systems are supported.
  • Microsoft Technical Support Level 3 Engineer: Elliot, has just confirmed: Windows 10 2004 19041.264 is in the Insider Preview cycle, it is not a commercial, stable release. 
  • ➡ Please update the system to Windows 10 1909 18363.836 & recheck the issues?⬅

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources: System requirements for Kaspersky Safe Kids for Windows

Also, as a simple step you can try to clear browsing data All time on Chrome (with cookies).

This works. I had the same problem after Safe Kids update using Firefox on Windows 10 v1909 and clearing cache for Google sites helped.

@FLOOD 

Maybe you can pass to the developers that it hangs on “Waiting for ff.ksk.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com...”

Hello @Kilgore

Welcome!

• Hanging on ff.ksk.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com” was a known issue with Kaspersky’s AV software patch J update, however, with KSK 1.0.5.6123e we’ve not been able to replicate the issue, in any browser for: Youtube comments, Gmail, Google Hangouts. 
  • Re “Maybe you can pass to the developers”, I have nothing to do with Kaspersky, apart from the fact I use their software. Just like everyone else in the Community; the only in-house Kaspersky people are easily identified by Kaspersky employee beside their name, everyone else is just like you & me, a user of Kaspersky software, we all volunteer our time, to help each other. 
  • Please raise a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, (see template below as a guide) provide a detailed history, images, a GSI & Windows logs; they may ask for KSK Traces, captured as the issue is replicated.
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD 

First, thank you for detailed explanation.

Second, I cannot now replicate this issue as after clearing cache everything works. Mind you I haven’t found issues with ff.ksk.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com  after quick googling. There is a lot with ff.ksi.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com, but this is different server probably for Kaspersky Internet Security.

I guess this issue appears when there are old addresses injected in cache files, but they are not used by new version of Kaspersky product anymore. I think they should provide something like transient period when both function simultaneously.

Generally I think KSK is a little too rough around the edges for non IT users. Many people I know, that once used it, doesn’t anymore, because it stopped working for them at some point and they couldn’t figure how to fix it.

Which is a shame because it is a nice product.

Hello @Kilgore,

You’re most welcome☺ !

• Re “rough around the edges”, agreed, KSK has a lot of flaws & is not user friendly, needs work. 
  • For anyone, if the “Youtube comments not loading, Gmail not opening properly, Hangouts Chat messages not working - hanging on ff.ksk.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com “ issue persists and if running incognito browser & or full browser reset & or clearing cache, history etc. & or exiting KSK (to recheck), the issue needs to be raised with the Support Team, without data, they will not take any action.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 6 months later...

I cannot block google hangouts anyway! I am using windows 10 and latest version of Kaspersky kids.. I tried to block but never been success. 

Hello @dknoguz

Welcome!

KSK v1.0.5.6390(f)

https://hangouts.google.com/ Forbidden 

Hangouts app

KSK blocks Hangouts

Request template

Please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support,  fill in the Application malfunction, Other template → image 5 above: include:

1. A detailed history: what caused the problem?
  2. Did you try to solve the problem? How?
  3. Text from an error message? Screen shot? Video?
  4. Community topic URL?  
  5. After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  6. When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋