Kaspersky protection extension

templar
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Greetings,

Does anyone know if the upcoming Google Manifest V3 changes will have a deleterious effect on the Kaspersky browser extension?

I can only assume Kaspersky have something in place to mitigate the limitations that have been imposed on certain extensions because of this.

Edited by templar

1 hour ago, Paidrow said:

I am not sure if it might be related but I've seen a lot of blocked attempts to connect to *.gcp.gvt2.com domains in Kaspersky Web Anti-Virus, which are Google Cloud domains.

Maybe it has something to do with it?

Hello @Paidrow, '

Welcome!

Not related. 

The "changes" @templar has commented on are future dated. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 2

• Solution
2 hours ago, templar said:
  1. Does anyone know if the upcoming Google Manifest V3 changes will have a deleterious effect on the Kaspersky browser extension?
  2. I can only assume Kaspersky have something in place to mitigate the limitations that have been imposed on certain extensions because of this.

Hello @templar

Welcome back!

1. (ioo), the Kaspersky business will not disclose commercial in confidence information, but, similar to 2018/9, when Manifest V3 first started, when Google implemented policies, that impacted some Kaspersky software; Kaspersky managed to continue to provide the software & comply with Google's requirements.
  2. Based on how Kaspersky has managed past Manifest V3 issues, (ioo) your assumption would be correct. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @templar

Welcome back!

1. (ioo), the Kaspersky business will not disclose commercial in confidence information, but, similar to 2018/9, when Manifest V3 first started, when Google implemented policies, that impacted some Kaspersky software; Kaspersky managed to continue to provide the software & comply with Google's requirements.
  2. Based on how Kaspersky has managed past Manifest V3 issues, (ioo) your assumption would be correct. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

• Like 1