Kaspersky Plus on mac: antivirus blocks file uploading on Telegram App

Go to solution Solved by cuphead2017,

Hi,

I noticed that Telegram App fails to upload Word documents and PDFs with sizes larger than 20 MiB when the antivirus is active.

I'm running Kaspersky Plus for mac version 25.0.0.332a and Telegram 10.15.4.266662 from the AppStore.

Turning off the Kaspersky Protection allows me to upload files to Telegram again without issues.

I hope there is a fix to this problem or maybe some kind of setting. Thank u

5 hours ago, cuphead2017 said:

Kaspersky Plus for mac version 25.0.0.332a and Telegram 10.15.4.266662 from the AppStore.

Telegram App fails to upload Word documents and PDFs with sizes larger than 20 MiB when the antivirus is active.

Turning off the Kaspersky Protection allows me to upload files to Telegram again without issues.

1. I hope there is a fix to this problem ?

Hello @cuphead2017

Welcome!

• We use macOS Sonoma / Kaspersky Premium / Telegram & cannot replicate the issue. 
  1.  Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service  - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, fill in the template as shown in the image below; please include a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you:  image.thumb.png.718e63d662f4d8dac19fd19b478fdaa4.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi everyone, thank u very much for your help.

I tried reinstalling Telegram and testing both the App Store version and the .dmg one but Kaspersky was still blocking my uploads to Telegram.

Fortunately, I found something in the Kaspersky settings panel that made the trick.

I just unchecked the "Safe Browsing" option and everything went back to normal.

I'm wondering if there is any way to add an exception to Telegram to keep Safe Browsing active. Thx 🥳

image.thumb.png.29920f5cb243e88ce0edf12e94a6e7c7.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cuphead2017 said:

I tried reinstalling Telegram and testing both the App Store version and the .dmg one but Kaspersky was still blocking my uploads to Telegram.

Fortunately, I found something in the Kaspersky settings panel that made the trick.

I just unchecked the "Safe Browsing" option and everything went back to normal.

1. I'm wondering if there is any way to add an exception to Telegram to keep Safe Browsing active. Thx 🥳

Hello @cuphead2017

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. Go to Kaspersky Reports, find any events that are in the timeframe when you are uploading to Telegram, expand the screen & take a full-screen-screen-print, post back please? 
  2. Read: Edit the list of trusted files, folders, and websites
  3. *Note* Telegram is a very well known/used app, it's an unusual error - the reason we recommended logging this with the *experts* is to find out the root cause & get it fixed. Read: Safe Browsing.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋