Kaspersky Password Manager Somehow Changed to Free Version

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello. I’m having an issue similar to the one mentioned on the page Incorrect message for premium subscription. | Kaspersky Community. For me, I believe I first noticed the issue this past Monday. I could be wrong, though. I do know that Wednesday night, I basically said to heck with it, and chose to utilize the free version. Once I chose the free version, I chose the 15 entries I felt I’d want to use. Since choosing the 15 entries, I have been able to use Kaspersky Password Manager (with the limits of the free version).

Here is my current setup:

64-bit processor, with Microsoft Windows 10 Home version 21H1, build 19043.1165, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0. I don’t recall making any significant changes to my laptop’s hardware or software recently.

Kaspersky product names and version numbers: Kaspersky Security Cloud – Personal 21.3.10.391(e); Kaspersky Password Manager 9.0.2.17031 (q) / 1628501540_6945 / 1.0.363.0-0.8.3.0_1. I activated a 3-year license subscription on Thursday, June 03rd, 2021. According to My Kaspersky and Kaspersky Security Cloud – Personal, there are 1,018 days remaining in my license subscription. Furthermore, auto-renewal is enabled. The license key shown in Kaspersky Security Cloud – Personal matches the one shown in My Kaspersky. To my knowledge, I have never had this problem before. I’m also having problems synching my vault. Please see the attached screenshots for details about error messages.

How might I resolve these issues?

• Solution

Hello @masteryoda1041

Welcome back!

As far as we understand: KPM Premium was working, a problem occurred, the software automatically switched to KPM Free, you’ve select 15 entries; no matter what you do, you’ve not been able to revert to KPM Premium & sync is not working.

Ordinarily, we’d step you thru various recovery processes, however, not if it means loosing your original KPM data. 

1. It would be best to contact Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template.
  2. Include the KPM Premium License information. 
  3. Support may request Logs, Traces & other data, they will guide you. 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in the MyKaspersky account.

🔷 Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 4 weeks later...

I received the following from Kaspersky Technical Support 8 days ago:

“...Thank you for your patience and continuous support. It's greatly appreciated.

Our experts have just replied to us and they're asking if you could help us in getting some additional information?

Please perform the following commands in Command Prompt with Administrator rights:

route –f (there’s a space between route and –f)
ipconfig /flushdns (there’s a space between ipconfig and /flushdns)
netsh winsock reset (spaces between words)
netsh int ip reset all (spaces between words)

To execute a command, type it into the command prompt window (do not forget SPACES) and press ENTER.

Restart the computer.

Please check that in router there are no block rules for kaspersky.comkaspersky-labs.com.

Please check the sync problem with exiting antivirus.

Try to connect PC to other Internet connection (for example, share from mobile device) and try to sync.

Also please try to establish VPN connection (if it is able) and check the problem.

Inform us about results.

We remain at your disposal for any further assistance...”

I replied to that message by saying:

“...I don't know how, but both issues appear to be resolved. It might be due to enabling Kaspersky VPN...”

• Like 1