Items in Available Networks disappears

Hi, I use Kaspersky Standard. Every time I try to connect to my vpn, a prompt asks me by "New network detected", I choose first button because I want to set it as "Public network". If I now open "Available networks" the connection & ip is there, but if vpn doesn't connect or disconnects, the connection disappears from "Available networks" & next time when connecting to vpn, Kaspersky asks me again. How can I make it permanent in "Available networks" so Kaspersky remember it & doesn't ask me again?

Thanks

@KasperovHi

I performed a test on my machine (making the network public and connecting and disconnecting by changing servers) and the problem you reported did not appear.

Try the following procedure:

Spoiler
  • Open the Kaspersky graphical interface
  • Click on the gear symbol
  • Click → Security Settings
  • Scroll down and click → Firewall
  • Click → Available networks
  • Select the VPN network and click to delete

Now with the network excluded from the list, try connecting to an available Kaspersky Secure Connection server

The following window will appear for you, and you must select → Yes, allow all network activity:

Spoiler

pNMbOJIUzy.png.a3a589ee6b265339c8fe0defa5dbd435.png

Now in the list of available networks, set the VPN to public

Spoiler

03.thumb.png.1c3b924c553de1b2f07ce89979b6e602.png

Try connecting and disconnecting on the VPN (also changing the server) and see if the problem persists

I did this test and it's working normally.

But if the problem continues to persist, try the following:

Spoiler
⚙️ Restore default settings ↓

Open the Kaspersky graphical interface
Click on the gear symbol (configuration) in the lower left-hand side of the window
Click → Manage settings
Click → Restore
Click → Next
Confirm the operation (if necessary, enter the Kaspersky unlock password)
Click → Done
Restart your device (important)

Also try reinstalling Kaspersky VPN Secure Cornnection, see this page → How to install Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection → Download link
Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 1

Hi @Guilhermesene4096, thanks for reply. I didn't mean Kaspersky VPN. Actually my Kaspersky VPN remains in Available Networks & I don't have that problem with it. I use another VPN. As you mentioned I thought its good idea this time to select Yes, allow all network activity, but nothing changed & when VPN disconnects, it disappears from Available Networks. Another detail you might want to know is that, Kaspersky asks me twice, I noticed 2 IP in Available Networks.

@Kasperov

Have you tried restoring Kaspersky to its default settings and checking if the problem persists?

It really is a little strange, I haven't seen any similar reports here in the community, and I haven't had any problems with it myself.

Try restoring Kaspersky settings and restarting your device, then check if the problem persists