iOS app - no profile but still blocked

Rs12

I am very frustrated. My child’s iOS device never had a profile installed (or so it seems as the VON setting shows no profile) yet the phone is still blocked. Worst of all the KSK app was deleted and the App Store is not visible so stuck. Anyone else have this issue?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rs12 said:

I am very frustrated. My child’s iOS device never had a profile installed (or so it seems as the (1) VON setting shows no profile) yet the phone is still blocked. Worst of all the KSK app was deleted and the App Store is not visible so stuck. Anyone else have this issue?

Hello @Rs12

Welcome!

1. What is VON setting - not at all familiar with the abbreviation? 
  2. Has Family Sharing been configured? 
  3. Have (you) got any *licensed* Kaspersky software installed on *any* devices? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Sorry meant to say « VPN »

KSK was on 3 devices

Windows for kids - all good

ios for kids - the problem situation, no KSk profile in the settings but still blocked

ios For parents - all good

I didn’t know there was no profile installed so deleted the safekids app from the child iPhone then got stuck. 

i have KSP premium.

trying to avoid resetting the child iOS device 

Since then I tried everything , deleted KSK from laptop and parents device but the child iOS still stuck. I wish I could delete the iOS profile but alas none is setup so nothing to delete!

Edited by Rs12
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rs12 said:
  1. Sorry meant to say « VPN »
  2. ios for kids - the problem situation, no KSk profile in the settings but still blocked

KSK was on 3 devices

Windows for kids - all good

ios For parents - all good

I didn’t know there was no profile installed so deleted the safekids app from the child iPhone then got stuck. 

i have KSP premium.

• trying to avoid resetting the child iOS device 

Since then I tried everything , deleted KSK from laptop and parents device but the child iOS still stuck. I wish I could delete the iOS profile but alas none is setup so nothing to delete!

Hello @Rs12

Thank you for posting back & the information!

Whatever you do & hopefully you have *not* done this - in (your) MyKaspersky account - do not select DISCONNECT - for your child's iOS device - if DISCONNECT is selected & KSK still has control of the phone, the situation will be much worse. 

Unfortunately you may have to Factory Reset the phone *but* before you do, please review this, are you able to do any of this: Remove the app from your child's device OR are you able to create a profile & then remove correctly? 

IF the answer is still: 'no', contact Kaspersky Customer Service -https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - on the support page:  select either Chat or Email, then fill in Uninstallation error: device administrator rights are required template - see image below; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

ios-ksc.thumb.png.12b91f48106e7576acac82b9ea38a4d4.png

• Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks for the reply.

unfortunately I did disconnect my child’s device from my profile so it’s stuck.

i was able to delete the KSK app from the child iOS device BUT the issue is that there is no profile setup in the VPN settings so nothing to delete. That is the puzzling part….who can KSK be controlling the child device when there is no evident profile?  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rs12 said:

Thanks for the reply.

1. unfortunately I did disconnect my child’s device from my profile so it’s stuck.

i was able to delete the KSK app from the child iOS device BUT the issue is that there is no profile setup in the VPN settings so nothing to delete.

That is the puzzling part….who can KSK be controlling the child device when there is no evident profile?  

Hello @Rs12

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. Oh, that's a shame.
  2. Really not quite sure why VPN keeps coming into the discussion - KSK & Kaspersky VPN are totally separate & KSK *should* have no bearing on Kaspersky's VPN - the bigger problem is - by the sound of it, KSK has not been removed fully & still has control of the iOS or part of it & (you've) lost control of KSK because disconnect has been taken in MyKaspersky, the quickest way - *if* you can still do a Factory reset - is to do so, hopefully you've backed up everything to cloud - otherwise - please contact Kaspersky Customer Service & share the outcome when it's available please? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋