ID and Passport Identification

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Why is an ID or Passport Identification being asked for after I purchase? This has to be a joke right?

"While the transaction itself may have been processed on your payment method, the order per se is still pending on our end due to security concerns.

The safety of our customers being our priority, we must validate your identity to confirm this order.

Our sales administration staff therefore requires additional information to validate your transaction.

Please provide us a scan or photo via email, of one of the documents below, belonging to the person who made the purchase :

- ID card (both sides)
OR
- Driver licence (both sides)
OR
- The passport"

• Solution
14 minutes ago, Ouro said:
  1. Why is an ID or Passport Identification being asked for after I purchase?
  2. This has to be a joke right?

Hello @Ouro

Welcome!

1. According to Kaspersky's documentation: "If after completing the purchase you received a request for additional information, for example, a photo of your ID, then you may have entered some details incorrectly. Please provide the required information or make another order with correct details."
  2. We encountered this issue once when we used a parcel locker address, instead of the recorded home address that our bank had that matched our credit card; at the end of the day, they're just trying to verify the purchase is a legitimate purchase, even if the request for Passport ID & your DNA seems over the top.

The team that can help you is Kaspersky Support; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in: Order & Payment issues, Other template -> please explain the problem to Support, they will assist if they can. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

Payment issues when buying a license or subscription for Kaspersky applications

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
corrected where the verification issue info, happened to us.

1 hour ago, Ouro said:

Thanks for the Reply. Everything seems to be correct information. I guess I will try again.

Hello @Ouro

You're most welcome!

IF the error persists, perhaps try another browser or do reach out to support please, they will help if they can. 

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

So I pose the following question:

I want to buy the new product.

The problem is that I don't have a credit card.

I'm considering asking a friend or family member for help with a credit card.

I see that Kaspersky is making it difficult to acquire the new product with this new method.

How should I do?

Do I enter the billing details with my data or those of the person who has the credit card and will it help me?

And the email, does it have to be mine to access the My Kaspersky account?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JPEKaspersky said:

I want to buy the new product. The problem is that I don't have a credit card. I'm considering asking a friend or family member for help with a credit card.

Do I enter the billing details with my data or those of the person who has the credit card? 

And the email, does it have to be mine to access the My Kaspersky account?

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Welcome back!

• In Frequently asked questions about purchasing, Payment, Should the billing address be the same as the address specified in your bank contract?, it says: Yes. This address is used for bank card verification.
  • You need to check with Kaspersky Support, if the form Billing information *email address* can be your email address or has to be the email address of the credit card holder because the software license will be sent to that email address.
  • Directly underneath the Billing information, email address field, it says: Purchase details will be sent to this email -> translated - that's telling you the software key, will be sent to the email address. 
  • For you to manage (your) Kaspersky software via the MyKaspersky account, the email address is yours, unless you share an email address with someone (which is not recommended).
  • Do you use PayPal, it's much easier? 

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JPEKaspersky said:

"Yes, registration is done with your email, but it's okay to use someone else's credit card"

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Thank you for sharing the information, very much appreciated!

If it's not too much trouble, when you've made the purchase & the whole shebang is done & dusted, please update the Community again that everything was a success? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JPEKaspersky said:

At the moment it has not yet arrived in Portugal (from what I suppose).?

Do you happen to know when this plan arrives in my country?

Hello @JPEKaspersky

You're always welcome!

Correct, not in Portugal atm; the last news from @Danila T.was late 2022, early 2023, but unfortunately no fixed dates available - we do keep checking?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Vivoxbl said:

I get the frustration, but it seems like they're just doubling down on security measures.

1. It's common for places to verify IDs for purchases, especially for sensitive items.

Hello @Vivoxbl

Welcome!

Kaspersky has had long standing security measures in place for transactions that require verification, reference: What to do in case of payment issues when buying a license or subscription?

1. Make sure the details entered, such as bank card number, name and zip code, are correct.
  2. Update your payment details if your bank card has expired, refer: How to change your payment details or email you specified when buying a license for a Kaspersky application
  3. If the payment was declined, try another payment method. For example, a different bank card OR direct bank transfer. 
  4. If the payment page is displayed incorrectly, try opening it in the incognito (private browsing) mode.
  5. If after completing the purchase you received a request for additional information, for example, a photo of your ID, then you may have entered some details incorrectly. Please provide the required additional information or make another order with correct details.
  6. If you experience other issues, submit a request to Kaspersky Customer Service by filling in the template as shown below: (note, fill in the software you are purchasing, we've used Kaspersky Standard as an example)image.thumb.png.65f042f77ccc59e00f35d349d095ce5d.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

added image