I suspect from KIS creating lags when I type in the keyboard [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi, 

For a while now , I have detected a delay (lag) when comes to type something with my laptop`s keyboard, and specially when I open any remote desk session. 
In the beginning I blamed it to the number of tabs I have opened in Google Chrome + the extensions I have installed, but after deleting cookies, forms data, ...  It remained in the same situation. 

My laptop is a MSI with a Windows 10 Home version 10.0.18363, with an i7-7700HQ @ 2.80Ghz processor and 16 GB of RAM. 

The programs that I have usually opened consume around 40 - 50% of the total RAM, but what really concerns to me is the use of the CPU in terms of load. When I open the Task manager momentarily is at 100%, and then it goes down till reach 2, 3 or 5% of CPU load.

I have started to think that maybe can be due to the Kaspersky Internet Security  due to it consumes a lot of resources, when it comes to scanning in real time, so I have started to disable services such as "activate secure input from the keyboard", l "application control", "webcam protection", "software updater", "antivirus chat", "antivirus mail" and "antispam"

But it concerns to me the fact being not enough protected. Theoretically my laptop is powerful enough to withstand a high process load. That`s why I want to know if the antivirus conflicts with the OS, and if so how can I optimize it.

Thanks in advance

Regards!

Welcome. I have been monitoring the Kaspersky forum for many years, and this is the first time I have heard of this issue being possibly linked to Kaspersky. Application Control should be enabled. The rest of the Kaspersky options are optional.

Can you confirm that Kaspersky is causing the issue? My thinking is that the issue is caused by length and use of browser session. Does a reboot effect immediate resolution, even if only temporary? 

Hello @maigor

Additional to @richbuff’s reply.

On a daily basis, I use a number of Remote Desktop applications, with no adjustments to the Kaspersky software necessary & with no keyboard lag/delay evident. 

1. Which RD solution is used, name & version?
  2. Have you tried different RD solutions? 
  3. When the keyboard lag/delay issue happens is a VPN active?
  4. If the system is run in SafeMode with Networking does keyboard lag/delay issue persist? 
  5. May we have a video of the keyboard lag/delay issue please?
  6. Is the Keyboard physically attached? 
  7. KIS version & patch(x)? x=letter
  8. Has a KIS Software compatibility check ever been run? 
  9. Has a uninstall & clean install of KIS been done? 
  10. Have the following Temp areas been cleaned up: 

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Welcome. I have been monitoring the Kaspersky forum for many years, and this is the first time I have heard of this issue being possibly linked to Kaspersky. Application Control should be enabled. The rest of the Kaspersky options are optional.

Can you confirm that Kaspersky is causing the issue? My thinking is that the issue is caused by length and use of browser session. Does a reboot effect immediate resolution, even if only temporary? 

Hi , I suspect so.  When I turn of the Application Control, seems to run more smooth. And when I turn on has lags when typing.  But not sure at 100%.  I dont think has any relationship with length and use of the browser session, because also happens when working with desktop applications.

Maybe this behaviour can be caused by period of suspension instead of power down, (I usually suspend  the laptop) 

But probably to confirm at 100%,  Probably I need to use any diagnostic tool which this support forum can provide me.

No, reboot has not have any effect on solving this issue.

Regards

Hello @maigor

Additional to @richbuff’s reply.

On a daily basis, I use a number of Remote Desktop applications, with no adjustments to the Kaspersky software necessary & with no keyboard lag/delay evident. 

1. Which RD solution is used, name & version?
  2. Have you tried different RD solutions? 
  3. When the keyboard lag/delay issue happens is a VPN active?
  4. If the system is run in SafeMode with Networking does keyboard lag/delay issue persist? 
  5. May we have a video of the keyboard lag/delay issue please?
  6. Is the Keyboard physically attached? 
  7. KIS version & patch(x)? x=letter
  8. Has a KIS Software compatibility check ever been run? 
  9. Has a uninstall & clean install of KIS been done? 
  10. Have the following Temp areas been cleaned up: 

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

1.- Remote Desktop Manager  version  (RDCMan v2.7 build 1406.0)  .  I also use the Remote Connection  Desktop which comes embedded with  Windows 10. 

2.-  Yes , as I have said above.

3.- Not neccesarily, currently I am not connect to Vpn and I am facing this troubles.

4.-  Still havent tried.

5.-  Difficult to implement, but in case of being necessary I will try.​​​​​​

6.- Yes, its the laptop’s keyboard.

7.-  20.0.14.1085 (h)

8.-   No ,  how can I proceed to install it?

9.-  No. I installed once, in a standard / common way.

10.- Yes I have deleted the temporary files.

• Solution

Hello @maigor

Thank you for replying. 

☢ Read the current Microsoft Security Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCMan) advice☢

1. Do the outstanding dot points from my previous reply, they will assist you to get the bottom of the suspected keyboard lag via remote DT apps: RDCMan, W10 RDTC. 
  2. Dot point 8 (above) is a check, not an install, have you read the documentation? 
  3. Does the source device have a TouchPad, if “yes”, test issue using the Touchpad?
  4. Attach a physical Keyboard via USB, test issue? 
  5. Test the issue over a period of x days, by not using Suspend/Hibernate. 
  6. Test the Keyboard lag issue using remote desktop client (MSTSC), universal Remote Desktop client & or Teamviewer? 
  7. If the issue persists, please provide the video & a GSI & Windows Logs from the source device & the remote device?
  8. What AV solutions are installed on the remote devices?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi  

I will perform later the tips you gave me .

But , by the way, when you refer to 

“Read the current Microsoft Security Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCMan) advice”

Are  you refering to the points below detailed?   If not can you provide to me  the link where is detailed the advice you mentioned?

Regarding to:

Dot point 8 (above) is a check, not an install, have you read the documentation? 

Can you provide  to me the link to follow the guide?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hello @maigor

For dot point 8, I provided the link 3 days ago, 20th March 2020, see my first reply to you, directly beneath @richbuff’s reply to you.

Microsoft has discontinued its Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCMan) application following the discovery of a security flaw. Mar 12, 2020. For information, please contact Microsoft

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi FLOOD, 

Regarding to the RDCMan , no worries I have already uninstalled.

Regarding to the 8 point,  in have entered in the link, but I don’ t  see inside  where I can run KIS Software compatibility check 

Can you provide me the a more detailed info?

Many thanks in advance

Regards