How to undo a parental permission that was granted?

shmu26
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

My child sent a request to open a certain youtube clip, and I approved it. Now it seems that youtube is a permitted domain altogether, with the exception of certain clips. I then added youtube to the list of blocked sites, but it doesn’t have much effect -- youtube is still open.

How to block youtube again? Or maybe it was open all the time, and I didn’t know? 

The child is age 0-6. 

Hello @shmu26

Welcome! 

1. Which device does your child use, refer: Read before you create a new topic ? 
  • ✅ For Windows, Web activity monitoring, the exclusion should be youtube.com →  Forbidden → image 3: 
  • If the exclusion you’ve applied is the same as ours & the issue persists, to reset, on your child’s device, follow these steps:
  1. Reset Chrome - chrome://settings/reset, exit browser, do not restart atm. 
  2. Reset Edge Chromium - edge://settings/reset, exit browser, do not restart atm.
  3. Shutdown the child’s device using Shutdown, not Restart. Do not restart atm
  4. On your device, in KSK, set the child’s birth year to 2000 = child’s age is now 21, this is a temporary change to force a reset of the child’s profile, no configurations you’ve added (for example Device use time) will change.
  5. Check CHILD PROFILE, make sure the age change has been applied?
  6. On your device, in KSK, set the child’s birth year to 2015 = child’s age template is now set 0 to 6. 
  7. Check CHILD PROFILE, make sure the age change has been applied?
  8. Power on child’s device, make sure KSK is active? 
  9. Using Chrome or Edge, check if YouTube is blocked - refer image 4 ?

Result

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• Solution

I checked and Chrome is signed into my account (the parent), so I guess I should sign out?

Can I open specific youtube links and have the rest blocked?

Hello @shmu26

Thank you for posting back!

1. On your child’s device, you absolutely should sign out of your Google account. 
  2. No, it’s not possible to selectively allow specific YouTube links.
  3. After signing out of the Google account, in all Google apps & Chrome browser, clear History & Cache
  4. In the YouTube app, clear Data & Cache. 
  5. 0 - 6 age template blocks Category Software, Audio, video - by default, if there’s other Software, Audio, video sites that fit that category, that your child is permitted to use, you will need to change Category Software, Audio, video  to Allowed.
  6. & change Application monitoring, YouTube, to Forbidden.
  7. & in Web activity monitoring, apply two exclusions: 
  • youtube.com →  Forbidden 
  • m.youtube.com → youtube.com →  Forbidden 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋