How to Resolve Frequent Kaspersky Issues?

Hi everyone! I've been using Kaspersky antivirus for a while now, but recently I've encountered a few issues such as slow system performance and occasional update failures. Before contacting support directly, I’m wondering if anyone here has had similar problems and could suggest solutions. Does the Kaspersky Support Forum offer detailed troubleshooting tips for these kinds of problems? Also, how effective is the forum community at providing advice for common issues?

Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences on navigating Kaspersky’s support resources! Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Jennifer Waltz said:

I've been using Kaspersky antivirus for a while now, but recently I've encountered a few issues such as slow system performance and occasional update failures.

Before contacting support directly, I’m wondering if anyone here has had similar problems and could suggest solutions.

Does the Kaspersky Support Forum offer detailed troubleshooting tips for these kinds of problems?

Also, how effective is the forum community at providing advice for common issues?

Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences on navigating Kaspersky’s support resources! Thanks!

Hello @Jennifer Waltz

Welcome!

1. Kaspersky Anti-Virus (KAV) -> is Kaspersky's *old* software, it's possible the update & performance issues will resolve by upgrading to Kaspersky's new generation, Kaspersky Standard, the upgrade is free, read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.
  2. Alternatively, if you wish to stay with KAV, read: Update errors & Update Issues checklist, by Richbuff
  3. Without being provided with *any* information, other than that you have KAV, a good place for all users to start, when reaching out to Kaspersky Support Forum, is: Read before you create a new topic! by Danila T.
  4. Regarding *common issues*, a generic search - example - update - allows users to find topics that may be related to issues they seek information for & OR Kaspersky's  FAQ - errors is a useful resource. 
  5. Kaspersky subscribers should always make use of Kaspersky's Online Help, for their specific software: Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
  6. Regarding the quality of the Community support, this is a very active Community, there's wonderful, hard-working Kaspersky Admin, Moderators & Community members who seek to provide assistance, wherever possible. Where there's limitations & the Community cannot help, it's mainly due to Kaspersky adherence to items detailed in: Guidelines & which none of us wish to breach, in those cases Community members are always directed to seek the assistance of Kaspersky Customer Service:  https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  

image.thumb.png.174602d340dfddd10a06827174bf6e4b.png

image.thumb.png.838ea6dc0367bc5de255b50609246a14.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar
  • Like 1