Having trouble to configure KSK (safe kids) in a Windows 10 Desktop computer [Solved][Closed]

denica001
Go to solution Solved by denica001,

Today I have installed KSK in my Windows computer. I have followed the instructions and all good with that. The application is running in the background as it should but when I try check/edit my settings what I got is no updated on how it works. I believe the app is working well because it is using the default built-in profile based on the age of the child, For eg ,, I have added a bunch of sites to the exclusions lists that should be blocked when I visit them but nothing happens. The child can still access those sites. And then I check My Devices in MyKaspersky online manager and I can't see my Windows desktop computer there. I do see indeed a mobile device which, in short, comes from a previous installation I made of KSK around 15 months ago (which I later unininstalled) Could someone tell me why I can't see my computer in the device list of MyKasperky? And how I can fix this? Thanks! Demian.

Hello Demian, I have KSK installed, am testing to see if I can help.. so a few questions please:
  1. When you're signed into https://my.kaspersky.com/MyDevices#/ you can't see:
? Specific to not being able to see KSK in the MyK portal, have you rebooted? If not, please do. I know it sounds too simple but for the device / connectivity it may be just this... If you have rebooted & you still are unable to see the device in your MyK account please let us know? In the meantime I'm checking:
  1. check/edit settings
  2. excluded sites - still accessible
It may be, until we get your device connected via your MyK account, these 2 may not work... I'm about to disconnect KSK via MyK & see if this is an accurate statement. I'll be back:relaxed:

HI FLOOD it should be the same principle, you need to connect to My Kaspersky Account. Just open how to "connect" And follow the instructions, If you have not yet installed the Kaspersky Lab application to your My Kaspersky Account.
  1. Sign in to My Kaspersky from the device you want to connect.
  2. Go to the Home section.
  3. Go to the Devices sub section.
  4. Click the Protect new device button.
  5. Select the operating system of your device.
  6. Select a Kaspersky Lab application to protect your device.
  7. Download the application using the link near its name.
  8. Install and start the application on the device.
  9. In the application's Getting Started Wizard, enter your My Kaspersky account credentials, if requested.
The device is connected to your account, and the device panel appears in the Devices sub section on the website.

Hello Demian, Until we hear back from Kardip please read on: If you do have another Kaspersky application installed on the Windows 10 Desktop, you need to disconnect that Kaspersky app via the app, not your MyK portal, reboot, then sign into MyK portal & check if KSK has "appeared" in https://my.kaspersky.com/MyDevices? Also, it would be helpful if you could confirm for us please the Kaspersky software installed, including version numbers please? I'll be back. :slight_smile:

Hi FLOOD , yeah not sure why it is not showing for him, in My Kaspersky Portal. Normally shows automatically, maybe he never entered licence Key in Kaspersky Portal. Flood did you enter the Licence Key in Portal? I am just suggesting to reinstall Kaspersky Safe Kids from the Kaspersky Portal. Always works for us, nevertheless until some one else has a better idea.

Hi FLOOD I just tested connection in My Kaspersky Portal. Try this, log-in my Kaspersky. Go to Home. In above toolbar Open Kids. You will need to re-login again. Now add licence Key. Log out or refresh web page. You should now see Kaspersky Safe Kids App. Thank you.

• Solution
Hi guys! I cannot how grateful I'm for all for all the help you extend to me :) I solved the issue by just by reinstalling the KSK on my desktop computer. Indeed I have reboot my computer before but nothing happens. Indeed, up to now, I have the free version of KSK so no licence key is needed. Indeed, my computer was not showing up in MyDevices of MyKaspersky account. All that said, I must say that in the past installation I was not able to use the same credentials. I can't explain why but even if it was the same user, the passwords weren't the same in the Windows app as it was in the MyKaspersky site. Even when I try to use the credentials of MyKasperky, the app rejected my attempts to connects with that password. Now that I have reinstalled the product both credentials are the same and my desktop computer is showing up in MyDevices. Thanks!!!