full virus scan help

Hi i have Kaspersky total security its up to date i have it on my Hp laptop windows 10 home. for some reason when trying to do a full virus scan it takes quite a few hours to do. its never taken this long before. what could be causing this? thank you very much for any help on tis 

Hello @theman66

Welcome!

There could be many possible root causes.

1. Export KTS Settings
  2. Restore KTS Settings to Default.
  3. Run a manual KTS Database update
  4. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power ON, login, re-check the Full scan run time, if it's the same, follow: What to do if the issue persists
  5. Note: please do not import the original configuration at this stage.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

23 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @theman66

Welcome!

There could be many possible root causes.

1. Export KTS Settings
  2. Restore KTS Settings to Default.
  3. Run a manual KTS Database update
  4. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power ON, login, re-check the Full scan run time, if it's the same, follow: What to do if the issue persists
  5. Note: please do not import the original configuration at this stage.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Good evening, Taking advantage of this topic, I wanted to know if it is better to leave How to enable iChecker and iSwift for all KASPERSKY checks as:
quick check
full check
selective verification
Check from the context menu

With all checked will I have better security and more performance?

6 minutes ago, SystemInfo said:

Good evening, Taking advantage of this topic, I wanted to know if it is better to leave How to enable iChecker and iSwift for all KASPERSKY checks as:
quick check
full check
selective verification
Check from the context menu

With all checked will I have better security and more performance?

Hello @SystemInfo

Welcome!

• Regarding Quick scan, Full scan, Selective scan & Scan from Context menu, even tho the following documentation is old, it gives the best & most comprehensive information for both Kaspersky's iChecker & iSwift, noting iSwift is designed for NTFS systems. 
  • All scans have some resource requirements, that's why designing a scan schedule to run when the computer is not being used is ideal. 
  • & use Scan optimization, after running the first FULL clean scan, set Scan only new and changed files
  • Assuming real time protection & KSN are enabled & without knowing how (your) scan schedule is designed, it's not really possible to answer "will I have better security and more performance?"

Thank you?

Flood?+?