Hi there everyone! My first time posting, so I apologise for any mistakes.

For the past month or so, my Kaspersky VPN app has just been showing 'connecting'. If I try to turn the VPN off, it freezes. I also get a 'Failed to connect' error occasionally. I've tried restarting my PC, restarting my internet, reconnecting. I've been through my settings and they all seem okay, plus my subscription is still valid until March.

Does anyone have a solution to this? It's quite annoying to not feel protected right now, haha!

Thank you in advance, all.

image_2024-01-14_105059441.png

50 minutes ago, Mousefangs said:

For the past month or so, my Kaspersky VPN app has just been showing 'connecting'. If I try to turn the VPN off, it freezes. I also get a 'Failed to connect' error occasionally. I've tried restarting my PC, restarting my internet, reconnecting. I've been through my settings and they all seem okay, plus my subscription is still valid until March.

Does anyone have a solution to this? It's quite annoying to not feel protected right now, haha!

Hello @Mousefangs,

Welcome! 

1. Also, do any of the *other* 108 remote virtual servers work:  Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection - Locations - or - do they *all* result in the same failures
  2. In Windows Search field, type WINVER - post back the Windows OS version & *full* build please? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Mousefangs,

Welcome! 

1. Also, do any of the *other* 108 remote virtual servers work:  Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection - Locations - or - do they *all* result in the same failures
  2. In Windows Search field, type WINVER - post back the Windows OS version & *full* build please? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hello!

1. The option doesn't even work, unfortunately - whenever I try to select a location, it just freezes again. I tried it once before it got this bad, but even then different locations didn't work.

2. Is this what you need?

image.png.42a909f1c39e674ee54cc4ec9525a52f.png

Thank you and sorry to be a pain!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mousefangs said:

Windows 22H2 22621.3007

1. The option doesn't even work, unfortunately - whenever I try to select a location, it just freezes again. I tried it once before it got this bad, but even then different locations didn't work.

Hello @Mousefangs

Thank you for posting back & the information, it's perfect & you are not being a pain at all!

1. When (you've) uninstalled & clean installed the VPN, has the computer been shutdown in between, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart & then powered on by pressing the power button? 

IF the answer is 'yes', continue to log the issue with Kaspersky Customer Service, on the support page select Email OR Chat, then fill in: Application malfunction, Application is crashing/hanging/freezing template -see image - provide as much history, detail as possible; support may request Logs, Traces & other data, they will guide you

vpn-aspp-malf-hanging.thumb.png.c0433971dd4b1344c59c9e74c73f42f6.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Thank you everyone for your help!

I managed to get it fixed after several restarts and fiddling with my network settings. Fingers crossed that it'll function okay now. 

Thank you again, and sorry for being a pain! Much love!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mousefangs said:

Thank you everyone for your help!

I managed to get it fixed after several restarts and fiddling with my network settings. Fingers crossed that it'll function okay now. 

Thank you again, and sorry for being a pain! Much love!

Hello @Mousefangs

That's brilliant! Well done!👏

Thank you for taking the time to share the good news with the Community, it's very much appreciated by all! 

IF it messes up again, you can always ask for help again OR reach out to Kaspersky Customer Servicehttps://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts . 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋