Discord does not open when Kaspersky is ON

Thilak
Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

On 4/9/2023 at 12:55 AM, Schulte said:

Hello @SPKevin, Welcome.

Unfortunately, I can not say whether the proposed action solves your problem.

But I can see from your post that you are probably looking in the wrong folder. The directories you specify are in the folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab'. However, the required directory is located in 'C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3'. Can you please check again?

I have the same problem there is not such a folder , and it is not hidden. i dont know how to fix the problem

Hello @Dracumelakos, Welcome.

which operating system and Kaspersky version are you using?

The path is available on every Windows computer, but it may differ depending on the version used.
For the current version the last 5 characters in the path have changed, it is now 'C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.14'. Can you please check this again?

Additional help:
How to enable access to hidden folders in Windows

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LowNrusty said:

I'm actually dealing with this problem now, i did everything that you have said Schulte but with Kaspersky total security the folder AVP does not exist

Hello @LowNrusty

Welcome!

Please follow these steps:

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows?
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select General💥uncheck💥 Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, right click the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. 👉Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. 💥Enable💥Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

💥IF that does not work, log a case with Kaspersky supporton the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, a detailed history; Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. 

• Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife