Confirmation Required popup for Kaspersky settings change won't respond when using RealVNC remotely [Solved][Closed]

Bert
Go to solution Solved by kmscom,

Kaspersky AV 19.0.0.1088(f), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Real VNC® Server 5.3.2 (r19179) x64 Accessing my PC remotely using RealVNC, I made a change to AV settings and got the confirmation required popup and was annoyed to find that I couldn't click the "Continue" button from the remote client. Fortunately, I was just upstairs in the den, so coming down to use the keyboard and mouse wasn't the end of the world.

coming down to use the keyboard and mouse wasn't the end of the world.
Hello Bert, Welcome! Thank you for providing specific info & screen image:ok_hand_tone3: It's good to hear the :globe_with_meridians: hasn't ended:wink:. May we know:
  1. Opsys version? & build ?
  2. KIS - free or licensed?
  3. Have you checked the RealVNC settings/permissions?
  4. Does RealVNC have a "trusted" app status in KIS?
  5. Are there any events logged in KIS REPORTS for RealVNC? If "yes" can you export the report & upload it using the "upload icon" please?
  6. Have you tried adding an exclusion for RealVNC?
Please let us know? Thanks

Adding one of the executable components of VNC Server was all that was needed to fix my problem, specifically \Program Files\RealVNC\VNC Server\vncagent.exe Thanks to FLOOD and kmscom. [By the way, a long time ago I encountered a problem on the forum where the "Reply" button wasn't present in a message I wanted to send. Even though I managed to finally get the message sent, I never knew how I'd fixed it. I know now. Using "Firefox" browser, if the window is not maximized, the "Reply" button is not present in a reply message. Maximizing the screen makes the button appear. Don't know if I'm alone in this problem, or how to report it to the Web server maintenance people, but there it is :slight_smile:]

Adding one of the executable components of VNC Server was all that was needed to fix Thanks to FLOOD and kmscom. [By the way, a long time ago I encountered a problem on the forum where the "Reply" button wasn't present in a message I wanted to send. Even though I managed to finally get the message sent, I never knew how I'd fixed it. I know now.Using "Firefox" browser, if the window is not maximized, the "Reply" button is not present in a reply message. Maximizing the screen makes the button appear. Don't know if I'm alone in this problem, or how to report it to the Web server maintenance people, but there it is :slight_smile:]
Hello Bert, Thank you for letting us know:pray_tone3:, we're delighted the issue is fixed. The "hidden" reply button, has been raiised by a few folks, your solution is a valuable contribution. Thank you for that also. Others have found, increasing or decreasing the "page zoom" also "unhides" the reply button. Thanks again & best regards.

Hewlett Packard or HP is viewed as one of the best rated brands that offer a wide scope of electronic items, including printers, laptops, PCs, and scanners. Practically the entirety of their items are of high caliber. They are jam-stuffed with the absolute most easy to use features. You can rapidly dial the HP Customer Service number +1-888-670-1222 or HP Printer Support or HP Desktop Support to take support for every specialized issue and issues.On the off chance that you are searching for HP Customer Service Phone Number +1-888-670-1222. Audici Technologies technical support for printer , pogo , skype , kindle , browser , router , email , antivirus , quickbooks Audici Technologies support provides reliable and affordable IT support through its team of friendly and dedicated technicians who specialize in computer and internet issues and software repairs, office set-up, tech support, hosting, networking and online services, optimization and computer protection. We use current or latest technologies to make sure we fix your computer or any device not just effectively but fast at satisfactory level of the customers.

• 4 months later...

The problem with these answers is that there is no possible way to configure Kaspersky remotely since there’s no possible way to add your VNC program to the list of the problem (since you cannot confirm via any VNC client) - at least not remotely.  For IT people, this is a nightmare forcing you to go to each and every PC on a network just to do something this simple.
My advice: don’t make blocking remote desktop the default setting!  Read the current firewall settings in Windows and use those exclusions by default (like ESET and most other business-grade antivirus programs do!).   Now I have to drive for 2 hours to fix this.

• 1 month later...

I just came across the same issue. However, I am 3,000 miles away. And, the computer in which I need access to to make changes to the Kaspersky settings is run by a 86 year old woman. So I would need to find someone local to her to add my remote app to the allowed list. This sucks.