Antiquated Kaspersky Total Security Recovery Tools. Will they work with (Windows 11 Pro x64 Build 22598)?

Murrdoc

Friday April 29, 2022, 09:32 AM PDT

Re: Antiquated Kaspersky Total Security Recovery Tools (Windows 11 Pro x64 Build 22598)

I just updated definitions for my Kaspersky Total Security and decided to research for any other tools I may use which are included with this security software package. I have had some suspicions there may be malware imbedded in my system and after looking through the Support Q & A's, Blog, and Forum, I did not find any topic related to the Recovery Tools update schedule. Some of the tools are very antiquated and I could not find any listings for use with Windows 11 Home, Pro, etc. 

Please refer to attached screenshots for reference.  

WHEN WILL THESE RECOVERY TOOLS BE REVIEWED AND UPDATED TO INCLUDE CURRENT WINDOWS 11 SYSTEMS? ARE ANY OF THEM SAFE FOR USE WITH WINDOWS 11 PRO x64?

KasperskyRecoveryTools.Pg1of2.April2022.jpg

KasperskyRecoveryTools.Pg2of2.April2022.jpg

Hello @Murrdoc, Welcome.

Win11 is still based on WinNT, Microsoft would have to rewrite 50 million lines of code for an entirely new Windows.
Since this did not happen, all Win10 programs also run on Win11. The changes are mainly limited to the appearance, some changes are e.g. in drivers.

I am not aware of any malware that specializes in Win11. Therefore the tools work as well on Win11.
Support will surely update the web pages soon.

• Like 2