youtube feed not blocked when allowed single url link [Solved][Closed]

inspiredy
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

My son has a windows 10 laptop. There are teacher videos he needs to watch emailed with links. Youtube.com is forbbiden, so the link is blocked and he asks for permission. I allow this url, but then I noticed that after the link is allowed and the video is launched, he can then click on any suggested video on the page and keep watching what ever comes up. But, when youtube is searched on Chrome its blocked.

I have youtube.com as always blocked, or forbidden. The exceptions are the links that the teacher sent. He has is 17, uses Chrome.

How can I only allow the specific videos so he won’t watch what comes up in his feed?

• Solution

Hello @inspiredy,

Welcome!

• KSK has the Exclusions feature, “Use this list to allow or block access to websites regardless of their categories”, however, it works in a limited fashion: in the image I’ve added Allowed exclusion for a specific video, KSK truncates the url to youtu.be, which, as you’ve discovered, allows your son, unhindered access:

• Sometimes, using a combination of KSK & MS Parental Control gets around these hurdles, however, not in this case. 
  • The issue has been raised with Kaspersky, we’ll update you as soon as they respond. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @inspiredy,

• Respond from Kaspersky Safe Kids experts "Safe Kids restrictions operate at domain level, it won't be possible to exclude specific pages within a website; it can be raised as a “suggestion.”

• The issue has been re-escalated back to them to be developed & or fixed. 

•  We’ll update you if/when there’s any progress, however, the KSK Developers often take months and months and months to even review these issues, in the interim, research if there’s other (free) parental control solutions that do have content control and use those as well🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳