Why is always a problem buy a software? The store block my buying because it wants a real address to pay.

lws

Hi,

I’d like to buy a kaspersky license but to buy legally a product is always a problem.

The store block my buying because it wants a real address to pay. I don’t want give my home address just to buy a simple license for a product. I don’t want the paper, I just want the number to activate the product. Why is it so difficult ?

Why the simple things become complicated ?

Then I must create an account for the forum, write a message to have support, wait times for the answer… WHY ???

Hello @lws,

Welcome!

1 Re “The store blocks my buying because it wants a real address to pay. I don’t want give my home address just to buy a simple license for a product, why ?

• Security measure, without an address, people may use false information, Kaspersky has to be able to verify each transaction & the financial institution also uses the same security verification check(s).
  • No merchant will authorize online transactions unless they can verify the validity of information used to make a purchase. 

2 Re “why must I create an account for the forum, write a message to have support, wait times for the answer, why ?”

• The Kaspersky Community is a user forum, not Kaspersky Technical Support.
  • You may contact Kaspersky Technical Support for support - see instructions at the end of the reply, it’s not necessary to ask the Kaspersky Community.
  • Creating an account for any online portal is standard. 

3 Regarding “why must “I” wait? “, hmmm, guess that’s just a fact of life, nothing is instantaneous, except for A🤖 I responses & they’re usually generic.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 

• To log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, they’ll need a detailed history. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Hello @lws,

Welcome!

1 Re “The store blocks my buying because it wants a real address to pay. I don’t want give my home address just to buy a simple license for a product, why ?

• Security measure, without an address, people may use false information, Kaspersky has to be able to verify each transaction & the financial institution also uses the same security verification check(s).
  • No merchant will authorize online transactions unless they can verify the validity of information used to make a purchase. 

2 Re “why must I create an account for the forum, write a message to have support, wait times for the answer, why ?”

• The Kaspersky Community is a user forum, not Kaspersky Technical Support.
  • You may contact Kaspersky Technical Support for support - see instructions at the end of the reply, it’s not necessary to ask the Kaspersky Community.
  • Creating an account for any online portal is standard. 

Security measure ?

I don’t understand what kind security measure, I can insert any kind of address and you can’t know if it’s fake or not. Also many times security and privacy go together, I don’t want say to kaspersky where I live.. I just want a license number, it’s absurd!

Also you say that “no merchant will authorize online trasactions nless they can verify the validity of information used to make a purchase” -- This is absolutely fake, I buy a lot of things online  doesn’t need of my home address and indeed they don’t ask for it.  I bought rooms in hotel, vpn account, email account, airbnb and many other things and they didn’t ask for my home address.

The other my question are sarcastic and just to expose how much time I lose for your absurd request.

Finally I didn’t buy the license.

Are you happy ?