Webmail Not Getting Attachments

amandatownsend

I feel there may be a kaspersky setting i have missed, but my webmail (windows 10) is not getting attachments shown (as in a PDF attached) but it doesn’t have some pictures come through in the email. it’s weird because i can see the attachment on my phone and not on the PC. 

Have i missed a setting in antivirus or is it a webmail issue???

Hello @amandatownsend,

Welcome!

1. Is the “ attachments do not show ” issue a new issue or has always existed?
  2. Which webmail version?
  3. Is the “ attachments do not show ” issue in webmail opened in the Mail app or does the “ attachments do not show ” issue happen in webmail opened in a browser?
  4. Is KAV licensed?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD 

I am not getting an error message of “attachment do not show” at all, i am only getting the mail come through with pictures downloaded in it and the paperclip symbol in the corner but i cant see the PDF that is attached. 

Version 16005.12430.20280.0

I can see the PDF’s on my phone when i open the email, but not on PC. 

Thanks

Amanda

Hello @amandatownsend, Amanda, 

Thank you for replying, the additional information and the clarification👌

1. May I have an image of the Webmail version screen please?
  2. Is the “not able to view .pdf attachments” in Webmail application, version 16005.12430.20280.0, a new issue or has always existed?
  3. Have (Windows) default program associations been set for Webmail, Adobe & .pdf?
  4. Is KAV licensed? 

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @amandatownsend, Amanda, 

Thank you for replying, the additional information and the image👍

Please let me know:

A

1. Win10 version and build?
  2. KAV version & patch(x)? x = letter

To find both: open KAV, select Headset🎧, lower lefthand corner of KAV application window, Support window opens, second line = Win10 version and build; 4th line = KAV version & patch

B

1. Has KAV just updated?
  2. What email client is configued for Webmail? 
  3. Check Webmail Security, Privacy & Attachments configurations?
  4. Can you pinpoint date (approximate) when the issue started? Were there any changes, in the 24hrs preceeding the issue starting, hardware, software, network, environmental, any changes at all? 
  5. If you download the .pdf attachments, are they able to be opened?
  6. In Webmail, on any .pdf, rightclick the attachment, check available options?
  7. Are Windows eventlogs recording any Webmail or .pdf errors?
  8. Do other attachments, for example a Word or Spreadsheet file, open in Webmail or is it only .pdf attachments that are not opening? 
  9. Is Adobe up to date?
  10. Do all Windows updates have a “successfully applied” status?
  11. If KAV is exited, do the .pdf attachments open in Webmail?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 4 weeks later...

In the Settings window, Go to the Protection tab. In the left part of the Settings window click on mail anti virus. In the right part of the Settings window check or unchecked the box Enable Mail Anti Virus. At the bottom of the window click on OK.