Web Antivirus removing content from Search results

celsurf

I noticed this a while ago but didn't make much of it.

WebAntivirus is impacting how the News results are displayed when doing a search.

Attached are 2 screenshot of how the news results show when WebAV is Off and On.

Does anyone know why this is happening ?

image.thumb.jpeg.f93553dc1549fc379d2ef165b9512956.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.66291cb772909e24028f1427a572f84e.jpeg

1 hour ago, celsurf said:

WebAntivirus is impacting how the News results are displayed when doing a search.

Hello @celsurf

Welcome back!

1. Read before you create a new topic!
  2. Which browser? 
  3. Has the issue been checked in the new version? 
  • ?Kaspersky have known about it since September 2022

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added additional question?
  • Like 1

8 horas atrás, celsurf disse:

Eu notei isso há um tempo atrás, mas não dei muita importância.

O WebAntivirus está afetando a forma como os resultados do News são exibidos ao fazer uma pesquisa.

Em anexo estão 2 capturas de tela de como os resultados das notícias são exibidos quando o WebAV está desligado e ligado.

Alguém sabe por que isso está acontecendo?

image.thumb.jpeg.f93553dc1549fc379d2ef165b9512956.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.66291cb772909e24028f1427a572f84e.jpeg

Greetings everyone.
Hello @Flood e a esposa de Flood and @celsurf
This also happens to me on Chrome, it's been a long time but I haven't worried.
I use KIS 21.3(j)
I think that if you disable the URL advisor in the internet settings the problem goes away.
But I personally prefer to be told if the link is secure.
On a news site in my country, the images, for example, disappear and only the green symbol remains.
But since I have KIS with a valid license for a few months, it still has support, I will not buy KStandard yet, which still has many bugs, in addition to losing money buying it before, because the new products according to the knowledge article provided, do not has an activation code, so it would not accept my current KIS license.

As the news page also appears before and after activating the URL consultant.:

1.PNG

2.PNG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JPEKaspersky said:
  1. I think that if you disable the URL advisor in the internet settings the problem goes away.
  2. the new products according to the knowledge article provided, do not have an activation code, so it would not accept my current KIS license.

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Welcome back!

1. Correct, if the URL advisor is disabled the issue disappears, however, that's not the way the product is designed to work; Kaspersky are aware of the issue, the question is: *will they fix it in v21.3*?
  2. The new subscription range has a license number that is saved directly in your MyKaspersy account; if you're thinking of upgrading for free, from KIS to Kaspersky Standard, the existing activation code & license details will be matched up with the new subscription. As Danila T. advises in the  Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ  -> Activation codes between these pairs of apps will be compatible backwards and forwards -> IF you need further information about this specific issue: *new sfw not accepting activation code etc.,* please start a new topic as it has nothing to do with existing this topic: Web Antivirus removing content from Search results. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Corrected grammar || Added Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ  -> Activation codes between these pairs of apps will be compatible backwards and forwards
  • Like 1

1 hora atrás, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Welcome back!

1. Correct, if the URL advisor is disabled the issue disappears, however, that's not the way the product is designed to work; Kaspersky are aware of the issue, the question is: *will they fix it in v21.3*?
  2. The new subscription range has a license number that is saved directly in your MyKaspersy account; if you're thinking of upgrading for free, from KIS to Kaspersky Standard, the existing activation code & license details will be matched up with the new subscription. As Danila T. advises in the  Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ  -> Activation codes between these pairs of apps will be compatible backwards and forwards -> IF you need further information about this specific issue: *new sfw not accepting activation code etc.,* please start a new topic as it has nothing to do with existing this topic: Web Antivirus removing content from Search results. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hello, @Flood and Flood's wife, how are you and your family?

Thank you for the clarification provided.?
I was enlightened by your answer and sorry for bringing up a subject that had nothing to do with the requested help topic ("Web Antivirus removing content from Search results").?

My cordial greetings?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JPEKaspersky said:

I was enlightened by your answer and sorry for bringing up a subject that had nothing to do with the requested help topic ("Web Antivirus removing content from Search results").?

Hello @JPEKaspersky

We're all very well thank you, thank you for the kind greeting?

You're most welcome regarding the clarification & as far as introducing a new subject, no need to apologise, however, the 2nd issue is so distinctly different from the original issue it warrants its own topic, however, now that (you) have clarity on the subject, we can consider the second issue resolved. 

Thank you & best regards?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @celsurf

Welcome back!

1. Read before you create a new topic!
  2. Which browser? 
  3. Has the issue been checked in the new version? 
  • ?Kaspersky have known about it since September 2022

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hello Flood & wife

2) For reference it was Edge.

3) Latest version being used.

Disappointing that it hasn't been fixed and, yes, I do search the forms before posting for many years.

Back to work ! ........

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, celsurf said:

2) For reference it was Edge.

3) Latest version being used.

4) Disappointing that it hasn't been fixed and, yes, I do search the forms before posting for many years.

Hello @celsurf

Thank you for posting back & the clarifications!

3) By *Latest version*, we're referring to Kaspersky new software range: Kaspersky: Standard, Plus, Premium, not the old software range: KAV, KIS, KTS, KSC. 

4) Agreed. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?