Warning icon displayed in notification bar when Android screen is locked [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Kaspersky Internet Security for my Android was just updated. Now, when my screen is locked, it displays the warning icon (triangle with exclamation point inside). As soon as I unlock my phone or turn the screen on the warning icon changes to the "protected" icon (shield with exclamation point inside). Why is this happening? Is my phone at risk when screen is off or locked?

• Solution
Kaspersky Internet Security, Android was just updated.Now, when screen is locked, it displays a warning icon (triangle with exclamation point inside). As soon as I unlock my phone or turn the screen on the warning icon changes to the "protected" icon (shield with exclamation point inside). Why is this happening? Is my phone at risk when screen is off or locked?
Hello Luckydawg77, Welcome! Please tell us:
  1. Android operating system version? & patch? Android Version Number & Patch Level
  2. KIS version? & patch? Find full version number of KISA
  3. KIS Free? or Licensed? (please see note at the end of my reply)
  4. May we have an image of: "warning triangle lock screen", please?
  5. Has android been rebooted - after the update?
  6. Have you run a manual KIS Full scan?
  7. Re: "protected icon shield with exclamation point inside", may we have an image please?
Please let us know? Thank you:pray_tone3: Note: Kaspersky free software has (config) limitations, advertising & no Technical Support. If we know this, we ensure we never waste your time, advising you, for example: "contact Technical Support".

I see the same triangle with my phone atm. In my case it's due to my licence expiring in a few days.
Hello petsy, Welcome again! Thanks for sharing the"expiring subscription" information, that's very useful:thumbsup_tone3: Would you be kind to upload an image for us please? (so we have it in our reference db) Thanks:pray_tone3:

Kaspersky Internet Security, Android was just updated.Now, when screen is locked, it displays a warning icon (triangle with exclamation point inside). As soon as I unlock my phone or turn the screen on the warning icon changes to the "protected" icon (shield with exclamation point inside). Why is this happening? Is my phone at risk when screen is off or locked?
Hello Luckydawg77, Welcome! Please tell us:
  1. Android operating system version? & patch? Android Version Number & Patch Level
  2. KIS version? & patch? Find full version number of KISA
  3. KIS Free? or Licensed? (please see note at the end of my reply)
  4. May we have an image of: " warning triangle lock screen", please?
  5. Has android been rebooted - after the update?
  6. Have you run a manual KIS Full scan?
  7. Re: " protected icon shield with exclamation point inside", may we have an image please?
Please let us know? Thank you:pray_tone3: Note: Kaspersky free software has (config) limitations, advertising & no Technical Support. If we know this, we ensure we never waste your time, advising you, for example: "contact Technical Support".
Thank you for your assistance. After reading through your answer I wasn't sure if I had rebooted, so I tried that and IT WORKED! I can't believe I didn't try that initially, so I apologize for not attempting it before seeking assistance in this forum! But I appreciate the solution! I will, however, still answer your questions...in case it will help you to help anyone else in the future. 1. Android 8.0.0 Patch October 1, 2018 2. KIS Version 11.28.4.2304 3. Licensed Version with 100 days remaining 4. I cannot get a screenshot of lock screen, but it's the same triangle warning icon petsy provided. 5. Initially, no I didn't reboot, but have now...and resolved the issue. 6. Yes, I actually ran TWO scans in attempt to address the warning icon. 7. Thank you very much for replying with what eventually fixed my problem!

Hmm, I see the same triangle with my phone atm. In my case it's due to my licence expiring in a few days so I have to ask how long is your present licence subscription.
Thank you, petsy, for your reply and trying to help! I appreciate it and will keep in mind, for tge future, that I may see this warning again as my renewal date approaches!

Thank you very much for replying with what eventually fixed my problem!
Hello Luckydawg77, There's no need to apologise, oftentimes, when we see an "unexpected" alert, it's easy to forget other things. And, if you're unsure about anything, always "ask', that's what the Community portal is for! Thank you very much for posting the information and for letting me know the issue is resolved:clap_tone3:, I'm delighted:smiley: & yes, a big thanks to Petsy, he kindly added to the image database with the needed images:thumbsup_tone3: Best regards