Unlock KPM Vault Take long Time

Hello,

My KPM vault unlocking is taking long time more than 1 min to unlock, this wasn't the case before, I tried to reinstall the software but without any luck, I have about 500 entries but without any documents, my system info as follows:

OS Build: 19045.4046
KPM: 24.0.0.428 (a) / 1707729190_7547 / 1.1.0.2_1
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8665U CPU @ 1.90GHz   2.11 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB

Thanks

@ADIGAWelcome

As you already mentioned, you have already tried reinstalling the software, but try (uninstalling → clearing temporary files and cache → installing the latest version)

Kaspersky Password Manager → Download link

Furthermore, due to the large number of entries you have in your safe, it may take a while to open

If possible, give feedback on the result 👍

• Like 1

Hello @ADIGA

Welcome!

Thank you for the information. 

Ours, 24.0.0.428 (a) / 1707729190_7547 / 1.1.0.2_1 - takes less than a minute to open *but* a full minute to *decrypt*, however, the decryption stage for us has always been slow, we have a similar amount of account entries to you + 100 documents & 150 notes. 

IF (you've) re-installed the software - including a full shutdown of the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart & the issue persists, please raise the issue with Kaspersky Customer Service - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - on the support page select either Email or Chat, then fill in the template as in the following image - select the App does not synchronize with My Kaspersky & explain in the problem details - the app does sync, but in your opinion it takes a long time & it's taking longer than the previous releases, i.e. *since the latest update*

kpm-long-time.thumb.png.9afa7dbd9bf982c1c46235beac4a1860.png

• Also, the *latest release* - which you have - has the option to *Store data locally*, as a *test* - you may wish to select that & recheck the timing issue, you may also wish to share the results with support:

store-locally.thumb.jpg.10058c4578c5520bcec6a809031e8940.jpg

Please share the outcome with the Community when it's available?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added *What's new* for: 24.0.0.428 (a) / 1707729190_7547 / 1.1.0.2_1

Hello, I do have the same problem, after the last update, it takes very long time to load all the passwords, I do have around 600 entries.

Already tried to uninstall and install it again, but still the same.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Venom said:

Hello, I do have the same problem, after the last update, it takes very long time to load all the passwords, I do have around 600 entries.

Already tried to uninstall and install it again, but still the same.

Hello @Venom

Welcome!

Thank you for the information!

1. Does the timing issue persist if the *Store data locally* option is selected? 
  2. Irrespective of the result, please raise the issue with Kaspersky Customer Service - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - on the support page select either Email or Chat, then fill in the template as in the following image - select the App does not synchronize with My Kaspersky & explain in the problem details - the app does sync, but in your opinion it takes a long time & it's taking longer than the previous releases, i.e. *since the latest update* kpm-long-time.thumb.png.9afa7dbd9bf982c1c46235beac4a1860.png.e299a7c8f2cce2ec70e3971745121f41.png

Please share the outcome with the Community when it's available?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ADIGA said:

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife @Berny

Sorry for the late response, I escalated the issue with the support team and we are going back and forth to solve the issue, I will update the thread here when it's done.

Regarding the Decrypting time, on my Samsung Note 10 phone accessing my vault don't take 3 seconds.

Hello @ADIGA

Thank you for the update! Much appreciated, do not worry how long it takes, there's no pressure.

1. Both KPM Windows & Android documentation states: 

About the encryption

Kaspersky Password Manager encrypts data using a symmetric key algorithm based on the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). A key is derived from your main password using Password-Based Key Derivation Function 2 (PBKDF2).

The AES algorithm is used worldwide to protect top-secret data. This algorithm has low RAM requirements, which means your data is encrypted and decrypted within seconds.

We checked our Android, two devices - the range is between 12 & 15 seconds - after fingerprint authentication. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋