Unable to uninstall KES for MAC OSX

Go to solution Solved by Friend,

Hi There, I'm trying to remove Kaspersky Seciruty Endpoint from our MACs following that procedure : https://support.kaspersky.com/12331#block3 Every thing seems to go well, but after the reboot, kaspersky is still running and show the icon in the task bar close to the clock on the top right corner of the screen. Do you have any tools like the Kavremvr.exe for mac? Or any command line tool to remove KSE? Best regards

Hi Glitch, I don't know which KES you are using for Mac (10 or 11), but nothing should differ from the uninstall routine. The normal way is the following:
  1. If possible stop and quit the application via the toolbar or by using macOS services, you can also try to force quit the app by using ⌘ + option + esc and then choose Force Quit...
  2. Open the DMG file of the application distribution kit.
  3. In the window with the contents of the distribution kit, double-click Uninstall Kaspersky Endpoint Security.
  4. The Kaspersky Endpoint Security uninstaller starts.
  5. In the uninstaller window, click Uninstall.
  6. In the prompt for administrator credentials, enter an administrator name and password and confirm that you want to uninstall Kaspersky Endpoint Security.
  7. Uninstallation of Kaspersky Endpoint Security starts.
  8. Read the information about completion of uninstallation and click Quit to quit the uninstaller.
You can also use third-party software to remove apps on a mac like appcleaner, because software usually store settings, cache and support data in the library. But before you go for harder measures like third-party software, you should definitely open a support ticket at Kaspersky Labs. Other users may also be affected by the problem and Kaspersky Labs should become informed! Good luck:v_tone2: Leon

Thanks for your advice. I just open a ticket but as our licence expire I'm not sure that I'll get an answer. If I do I'll post the answer here for the community, if I don't I'll try to use appcleaner as you propose. Thanks for your help, Glitch

• Solution
Hi, Glitch To remove Network Agent from the command line, run the following command: sudo ‘/Library/Application Support/Kaspersky Lab/klnagent/Binaries/UninstallScript’ A similar command should be for Kaspersky Security Endpoint. Try this command in terminal: $ sudo "/Library/Application Support/Kaspersky Lab/KAV/Binaries/UninstallScript"