Transfer Kaspersky free version licence from Windows10 to Windows11

Anish

Hi Kaspersky

I have been using a free Kaspersky version on Windows10 for a long time. I then decided to install windows 11. Now how do I install that old free Kaspersky version licence in Windows11?

Remember, the free subscription licence key is different from the regular licence key (contains more characters).

Hello @Anish

Welcome!

Was the original Kaspersky software Kaspersky Free or Kaspersky Security Cloud Free? 

IF you've now started with a clean install of Windows 11, why not start with a new, clean install of Kaspersky Free or Kaspersky Security Cloud Free? 

The original license key should still be stored in (your) MyKaspersky account, install the software & synchronise the application with your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Kaspersky Free, How to install the application

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Thanks for your reply.

I was using Kaspersky Free in Windows10.

I have downloaded and installed Kaspersky Security Cloud Free now in Windows11. Hopefully it will provide the same protection as the old one.

Regards,

Anish

• Like 1

Hello @Anish

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

Kaspersky Security Cloud Free should be better, it's a more advanced solution than the original Kaspersky Free; also, eventually, Kaspersky will release Kaspersky MR5 Free, that is the next generation, so keep a eye out for that product as well - eta third quarter or end of 2022. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?