System audit tasks cannot be performed

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

image.thumb.png.8da8232247377b73f5128298c571e7a9.png 
Hello is this a potential problem? Red notifications in system audit after booting up PC. All protection components seem to enabled now.
Windows 10, Kaspersky Premium

Edited by Riddick
format

Found some additional details under each tab:
Safe Browsing, Error: Incorrect component state
Mail Anti-Virus no error given
Firewall, Error: Incorrect component state
Network Attack Blocker, Result: Task failed, Reason: Error

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riddick said:

Windows 10, Kaspersky Premium
Hello is this a potential problem? Red notifications in system audit after booting up PC. All protection components seem to enabled now.

Found some additional details under each tab:
Safe Browsing, Error: Incorrect component state
Mail Anti-Virus no error given
Firewall, Error: Incorrect component state
Network Attack Blocker, Result: Task failed, Reason: Error

Hello @Riddick

Welcome!

Good work doing the *extra* troubleshooting. 

1. Was the last PC *shutdown* normal? 
  2. Is Kaspersky Premium configured to launch at computer start-up? 
  3. What is the full Windows 10 OS & Build, in Windows Search - type WINVER - post back the results from the winver app please? 
  4. Run a Database update - allow it to complete. 
  5. Shutdown the PC using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login, make sure Kaspersky is running & recheck System Audit for: 
  • Safe Browsing?
  • Mail Anti-Virus?
  • Firewall, Error?
  • Network Attack Blocker?

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added - Is Kaspersky Premium configured to launch at computer start-up? 
  • Like 1

1. It looked like it but this PC rarely has trouble shutting down and sometimes has trouble starting up. I restarted after a windows update and it didn't shutdown normally, or start up normally but there were also no errors on startup despite the problems the second time.

2. Yes, as far as I know, it should be.

3. Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4046)

4. Done, I have them set to run very regularly.

5. I think oddest thing was that I chose shutdown for something and the PC restarted instead. I had to use the power button to power because it had startup problems.
Task started and no errors for all four after latest reboot (I didn't change anything).

• Thanks 1

• Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4046)👏
  • Launch at SU, yes👏
  • Task started and no errors for all four after latest reboot (I didn't change anything)👏
  • Database updates -  very regularly. 
  1. It looked like it but this PC rarely has trouble shutting down and sometimes has trouble starting up.
  2. I restarted after a windows update and it didn't shutdown normally, or start up normally but there were also no errors on startup despite the problems the second time.
  3. I think oddest thing was that I chose shutdown for something and the PC restarted instead. I had to use the power button to power because it had startup problems.

Hello @Riddick

Thank you for posting back & the information!

We've re-numbered the information, for clarity:

1. IF the PC ' sometimes has trouble starting up' & it's *not* Kaspersky related, we'd recommend, creating a System Restore Point, How to create a restore point in Windows, & back-up *all* important files to cloud or external backup media then *thoroughly* investigate why, including looking in Windows Event logs - if you can't find a rootcause - consider a Windows reset? 
  2. This is a little bit confusing - when - what date - was the Windows update & was this before OR after the System audit issue you've raised here? 
  3. Again confusing, what is meant by 'I chose shutdown for something' - what is *something*?  OR are you saying the SHUTDOWN function does not work?
  4. Have any of the power settings been configured or are Windows Power default settings used? 
  5. Regarding Database updates *very regularly* - which cycle has been configured please? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
removed white space
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

1. I've done a full system reformat, I think the PC is just showing its age. I don't know about the BIOS though.
I'm pretty sure it's a beep code error, hardware. Probably this one
"Continuous Beeps - Memory or Video Failure
Troubleshoot memory, graphics card, motherboard."
It always starts up after hitting on/off a couple of times. It doesn't always give a beep code error.
I'm thinking about checking the BIOS settings, not to fix this problem but because full system reformat wouldn't have reverted them to default afaik.

2. Afterwards. I restarted the PC since posting, which is the second time I'm talking about.

3. I don't remember which is why I wrote "something", it was around today and I remember selecting "shutdown" and was surprised when my PC restarted automatically.

4. I don't know. Power & Sleep says screen 10 minutes, sleep 30 minutes. 

5. Every 1 hour

Edited by Riddick
more on 1.
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
13 minutes ago, Riddick said:

1. I've done a full system reformat, I think the PC is just showing its age. I don't know about the BIOS though.
I'm pretty sure it's a beep code error, hardware. Probably this one
"Continuous Beeps - Memory or Video Failure
Troubleshoot memory, graphics card, motherboard."
It always starts up after hitting on/off a couple of times. It doesn't always give a beep code error.
I'm thinking about checking the BIOS settings, not to fix this problem but because full system reformat wouldn't have reverted them to default afaik.

2. Afterwards. I restarted the PC since posting, which is the second time I'm talking about.

3. I don't remember which is why I wrote "something", it was around today and I remember selecting "shutdown" and was surprised when my PC restarted automatically.

4. I don't know. Power & Sleep says screen 10 minutes, sleep 30 minutes. 

5. Every 1 hour

Hello @Riddick

1. Sounds as if you have some work to do!
  2. Does Windows Update History show 'Successfully installed' for *all* updates? 
  3. You need to monitor for this in case it happens again & see (A) if it results in any *unexpected* events in System Audit & (B) see if it's related to the other issues the PC has? 
  4. Post a screen print of: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options - please? 
  5. Ok. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

2. Looks like it, install was pending, so I started some.
3. My PC is also having trouble "Restarting" today, the activity circle just spins even if I leave the PC on. I've had to hard shutdown the PC twice, don't know why. I'll choose Shutdown next time.
image.thumb.png.b29a0f329c8de78e2c05893222f8934a.png
Maybe I should be using high performance?

Edited by Riddick
*shutdown
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Riddick said:

2. Looks like it, install was pending, so I started some.
3. My PC is also having trouble "Restarting" today, the activity circle just spins even if I leave the PC on. I've had to hard shutdown the PC twice, don't know why. I'll choose Shutdown next time.
image.thumb.png.b29a0f329c8de78e2c05893222f8934a.png
Maybe I should be using high performance?

Hello @Riddick

1. Good work. Make sure *all* updates *always* complete successfully. If there's an interruption or abnormal end, rollback & start again & *before* applying updates -> *always* create a System Restore Point & keep *all* important files/data backed up - if the PC is crook/unreliable - you do not want to loose data - take steps to prevent that.  
  2. Spend some time *methodically* troubleshooting the PC. 
  3. Balanced is what is needed. Do not use High performance!!

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Thanks 1