sync with icloud, how can I go back to get my informations saved in Kaspersky password app?

Alfy

Hi, my smartphone during a login asked me to synchronize with cloud that I did but soon after I noted that it took away all my passwords registered in all the devices, how can I go back to get my informations saved in Kaspersky password app?...

Hello @Alfy,

Welcome!

1. Is Kaspersky Password Manager installed on a PC/Windows device, as well as the smartphone? 
  2. If you log into your MyKaspersky account, select Passwords tab, enter Master password - are the profiles/passwords visible?

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳  

Resources:

Kaspersky Password Manager for Android library

1. I logged in from my PC MAC, also from my Android but nothing
  2. I put my master password, there are all the items but no any password saved looks like a new account blank. 

Hello @Alfy,

Thank you for replying and the information👌

For our understanding:

1. There’s a PC, a MAC & an Android?
  2. Kaspersky Password Manager is installed on each device? 
  3. KPM version & patch for each device?
  4. Kaspersky Security Cloud is installed on each device? 
  5. Kaspersky Security Cloud version & patch for each device? 
  6. On the PC, when the Kaspersky Password Manager application is opened, you can see all the entries, but none of the entries have any passwords - correct? 

🅰 On the PC, open KPM application, select Settings⚙ , select Import/Export, select Export to a text file, save the text file, open the text file, check if there’s any passwords?  

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

1. There’s a PC, a MAC & an Android? I have the free version in test installed in the Android, and two MACs 
  2. Kaspersky Password Manager is installed on each device? YES
  3. KPM version for each device? Free version I was checking how it’s working first before pass to full version,
  4. Kaspersky Security Cloud is installed on each device? 
  5. Kaspersky Security Cloud for each device? I don’t think so I was not aware of this cloud app, I just installed only Kaspersky password
  6. On the PC, when the Kaspersky Password Manager application is opened, you can see all the entries, but none of the entries have any passwords - correct? I can see all windows ...Webs, Apps, Bank cards, Documents,  but no any passwords saved I lost everything.

Hello @Alfy,

Thank you for replying and the information👌

Apologies, we misunderstood “synchronize with cloud” to mean Kaspersky Security Cloud😔

• We need to know the version of KPM on the MAC, in Finder, select Programs → Kaspersky Password Manager - look for Version & or About

Please let us know?

• Edit: additional: in (your) image, the icons I’ve highlighted, are not actual entries, they’re the various categories available to save data: Website, Application, Bankcard, Document, Address & Note

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Alfy,

Thank you👌

Yes, I agree, it would appear as though there is no data saved🤔  

Yes, it is a shame😥 

Unfortunately, all Kaspersky free software has no Technical Support, additionally, in this case, the data is not available to be recovered. 

Some tips for using KPM:

• Kaspersky Password Manager free, the maximum is 15 entries, that total entries, so, if for example there’s 9 websites with profiles & passwords, 3 Applications, 2 Notes = 15. 
  • If the Master password is lost it can never be recovered. 
  • On a regular basis, make a KPM backup (I do this weekly), and I do this before making any changes & or synchronizing.
  • On an as needs basis, run the Export to text file - note - this file is a standard text file, not encrypted, ensure it is saved safely.  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Alfy,

You’re most welcome🙂 !

• We don’t have immediate access to a MAC, to save time, so we don’t have to translate everything in your image, please let us know what each of those options is in English?

&➡ KPM, in the same list as Preferences, is there Services, also check Advanced🤔

⚠ Note: for KPM Android, there is no Backup feature⚠

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Alfy,

We’re trying to😕 

• You need to look thru each option, we don’t have access to a MAC, so that combined with the images in Italian is difficult, and Kaspersky’s lack of documentation isn’t helping🤐
  • Check ➡ KPM, in the same list as Preferences, is there Services, also check Advanced🤔

⚠ Note: for KPM Android, there is no Backup feature⚠

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

⭕ &, the topic should be in Kaspersky Password Manager category, not Kaspersky Security Cloud⭕

MAC use time machine for back up but I don’t think the password that I saved are there because KPM save the password online on Cloud so anything there are not under the MAC back-up, was much better if KPM had his own backup included in the app that apparently is not an option… anyway Thanks a lot for all your support this mean that I need to look for a different app or start again from the begin to put back all my details and test again if it’s worse to pass to full veriosn or abbandon this idea. I raised a help ticket to the team let see if somone reply..Thanks for now.

Hello @Alfy,

You’re very welcome🙂 !

• The Time machine will not have the KPM backup. 
  • KPM Mac information is as follows:

Kaspersky Password Manager makes everything to do with passwords easy and guards your personal documents.

If you’ve ever forgotten an online password, the frustration of losing precious time while you wait to reset it – so you can access your chosen site – will be all too familiar. Or you may use one simple password for all your logins, which brings obvious risks to your security.

Kaspersky Password Manager gets around these issues by encrypting and securely storing all your passwords, key photos, addresses and credit card details. Synchronizing them across all your devices so that you only need to remember one secure master password to access all your individual passwords and data.

Key features:

- KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA UNDER LOCK & KEY

Secure your passwords, addresses, bank card details, private notes and images of important documents in an encrypted vault only you can unlock.

- ACCESS YOUR STUFF MORE EASILY THAN EVER

Unlock your vault with a master password not even Kaspersky knows. Plus access everything in double-quick time using Apple Touch ID.

- SYNC EVERYTHING ACROSS ALL YOUR DEVICES

Keep your passwords and private stuff synced and easily accessible across your different mobile devices, PCs, Macs and browsers.

- SAVE TIME WITH PASSWORD AUTOFILL

Log in to your accounts faster. Have our technology fill out your credentials to save you from doing it manually.

- GET STRONGER PASSWORDS WITH OUR PASSWORD GENERATOR

Get notified if you’re using weak or duplicate passwords. And receive strong replacements instantly – generated by our special tool.

- SECURE YOUR BANK CARD DETAILS

Keep your bank card details inside a private encrypted vault. Plus have our technology perform a security check on websites before your details are autofilled.

- STORE ALL YOUR IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS (PDF and JPEG)

Also scan and secure your passport, driver’s license, medical documents and other images with sensitive information, so they’re out of reach to everyone but you.

- SEARCH AND ORGANIZE YOUR DOCUMENTS THE WAY YOU WANT

Tag documents as “Favorites”. Access recently viewed stuff with a single tap. And group items into folders so it’s easy to find things later.

- IMPORT & EXPORT

Import your login details previously stored in your browsers and other password managers. Export your data and save everything as a back-up file

- GET TO YOUR STUFF VIA YOUR MY KASPERSKY ACCOUNT

Don’t stress if you don’t have a personal device to hand. Access and manage your passwords and documents from anywhere you can get online.

OUR SECURITY

We follow Zero-Knowledge Security, which means neither Kaspersky – as the application developer – nor anybody else, knows a single thing about your data. Your data belongs only to you and is accessible only by you. We respect users’ privacy completely. Also, Kaspersky Password Manager doesn't store your master password on your devices or in cloud storage.

FREE version

Does everything the Premium version does, but it only allows you to store a maximum total of 15 entries.

For correct operation, please install the latest version of Kaspersky Password Manager on all your devices. Mixing the old version and the latest version – on different devices – may cause operating issues.

• If Support do respond, please update the Community with their advice?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Alfy

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

...Thanks again….. I’m still a bit shocked how a professional software made by a expert team still didn’t upgrade the app same as windows PC, … so I asked my self why they give the chance to download the app for MAC system but with missing options, should not be released until is not equal for windows PCs, unless they want us to purchase the full version to give this options…..

Hello @Alfy,

You’re welcome🙂 !

• KPM Premium on MAC does not have the Backup & Export feature, same as KPM free, that (imo), is a huge problem, Kaspersky charge the same price for the product, irrespective of operating system, simply not good enough on their part, and to top it off, their information in the MAC app store, is incorrect. 
  • It’s beyond the point of lunacy to tell Kaspersky customers, to use KPM Backup & Export feature, they have to have a Windows PC. 

Not impressed. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

This “omission” (that how Kaspersky described it) is the biggest problem for KPM On the Mac.  I can’t imagine why they don’t implement this.  It just doesn’t seem like it would be that hard.  I can only conclude they don’t care about the Mac that much.  I’ve gotten around this problem using a VM running Windows but that is only viable for me because I had Parallels anyway for my Linux work but that’s still crazy.  Kaspersky fix this!!!